Bathroom reno

finito

Hi all,

First of all thank everyone for helping and sharing valuable information.

I am planning on moving the current ensuite bathroom to a difference location within the room and I would like to get some adivise on whether it is possible or not.

In the picture attached, you can see location of the soil pipe and the vent pipe (internal). I would like to move the bathroom to a new location and my first idea is to put a new soil pipe connected directly to the undergoing soil pipe so it is near to the new bathroom location.

Also I would like to put the existing vent pipe hidden in the new partition wall for the new bathroom and use that cavity to fix a wall mounted WC and basin.

The main questions that I have are:

1. Can I have a new soil pipe connected directly to the underground soil pipe rather than connecting it to the existing soil pipe for old bathroom (see pictures attached)

2. Can I hide the vent pipe in the partition wall? If so, how thick should the stud wall be considering I want to have the conceiled WC within the stud wall?

3. The new stud wall would only be secured to a brick wall on the lelf, rest would be ceiling joist and exiting partition wall. Would this be enough to support the weight of a person seating in the wall mount WC? 

4. Does the layout of the new bathroom look good? Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Cheers

20240310_151001_1710357343788.jpg

20240310_150902_1710357337244.jpg

20240310_150927 2_1710357331709.jpg