Gas pipe under floor?

Hydra

Good afternoon all, 

i'm in the process of converting a downstairs porch into a downstairs WC and have a slight snag.

My dilemma is that inside the property is a gas inlet that then travels down under a concrete slab and into the property. 

My problem is that BCO wants timber a frame to be created inside the porch and the floor will rise to the DPC (floating floor) (1 inch above the gas pipe) On the down side, my BCO has told me he won't get involved with gas and leave it to a plumber to decide what to do. More or less 75% of the pipework would be covered by the studwork, assuming I can be very creative with my notching. 

My current thoughts are to build a ply box for that corner of the room (6" by 9" or so), attach it to the wall then build the stud walls around it , perhaps with some screw protection (metal lining?) and then for extra security replace one of the bricks with a vent brick - just encase of leaks. Technically the pipe will not be accessible. 

Can I ask you dear folk if i'm a mad man, should I just pour a 6x9 box of concrete into the corner and have it as an extension of the existing pipe in the floor (though admittedly this has joints)

Any help, appreciated.

gas pipe 2.jpg