Timber Frame Design beginning (Looking for advice)

Adambj

Hello,

I am in the process of designing a small timber frame house, although it is in the very primitive stages.

There are two photos attached, one of the concept and the other of the round timber frame design. The walls will be built up of Cob. 

The idea is that it is crafted by hand as much as possible, locally sourced trees (most likely Eucalyptus, maybe pine), earth from the land and all resources gathered as sustainably as possible. The budget is very small and saving money through recycling, DIY and efficiency is the idea too. It will be plumbed, on the grid and have an outdoor toilet. The house will be partly dug into a hill and rested on concrete foundations. 

I would like to share where I am at (really the very beginning) and see if there is any input, advice or critic that one might have! at first glance are there any concerns or obvious challenges? Any things not to do/do when approaching such a project? ect...

I have a background in working with wood sculptural and with furniture but little knowledge on timber frame and house building.

All the best,

Adam

DD32DE10-9BF6-447A-A58E-5072E890F4A0.jpeg

2B1B81C3-4E7E-4B36-AE02-2649CC7FE3FE.jpeg

8EE4923F-CCB6-43BA-BF04-FBB042274802.jpeg