Protecting screed from the elements

Visti

A detail by our architect has lead us to an unfortunate situation where we need to pour our wet screed floor prior to the timber frame being erected (as some internal load bearing walls rest directly on it.

As you can expect, no supplier would take responsibility for the finish of a pour that is exposed to the weather!

We had hoped for good weather, but this next week is looking a lot like cats and dogs...

So I'm hoping for some ideas of what I can do over the weekend to put in place some contingency... Would a plastic cover across the whole thing work immediately after a pour? a DIY canopy of some sort... Anything really. 

Or are we making a mountain out of a molehill?

I should mention the foundation is 10x10m in size.

Edited by Visti

Our screed was poured before the timber frame arrived but we were at the opposite end of the scale in that it was during the long hot summer last year and ours had to be hosed to keep it from drying too quickly. I doubt it would be wise to have it poured if it’s torrential rain like we have had here the last few days but if it’s light rain I would imagine a cover of polythene would suffice 

We are also planning to build (in tender stage at the moment) timber frame with polished concrete floor. Our architect designed with the concrete upstand on slab all around so that  concrete screed meets concrete upstand.  I guess its too late to install the concrete upstand?

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 09.25.37.png

Edited by Tony C

Friend built a large extension with screed with UFH over a beam and insulation floor then had an oak frame put up on that. No problems with weather as far as I recall. I don't think it needed covering, certainly wasn't while the oak frame went up before the roof went on.