Non return valve for shower?

8ball

Hi guys I'm just double checking here but do I need non return valves between the  my Monsoon shower pump and the thermostatic shower mixer, I'm going towards no as it would interfere with the pumps operation in sensing when water is needed by the drop in pressure and this wouldn't happen if I fitted non returns. ?

Pics of pump just in case its relevant - sorry for the rotation of the 1st pic.

IMG_2066.thumb.jpg.06e27c6281dd4cee000203cbcb54f97d.jpg

IMG_2067.thumb.jpg.fe117b32786322cb52c896d1966e4d36.jpg

Don’t fret the isolation valves on the whole shower .. which are probably a different issue ie threads drift sorry.

Was Informed firmly by my plumber yesterday that the self-builder who had converted my bungalow had NOT fitted isolation valves and that it was most unacceptable. Fair cop.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Don’t fret the isolation valves on the whole shower .. which are probably a different issue ie threads drift sorry.

Was Informed firmly by my plumber yesterday that the self-builder who had converted my bungalow had NOT fitted isolation valves and that it was most unacceptable. Fair cop.

Ferdinand

Thanks for the info Ferinand, I did Google it but it was about 50% say yes and 50% say no so I thought I'd ask the experts?️ on Buildhub ?

The NRV won't interfere in the operation of the pump as long the static pressure in the system is enough to open the NRV and start flow when you open the shower valve. 

You normally only need an NRV if there is a risk of water flowing back up in a system of there is a pressure imbalance or syphoning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1