Ball park 137m2 build cost

Dan1983

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

hope HSE dont pay you a visit thats some shocking poor scaff.

Really?  All I noticed was the missing toe board on the loading bay, but the scaffold lift is low so unlikely to to wandering around underneath.  I would be more concerned when it was loaded out with several tonnes of bricks and blocks earlier and with the broken cement sheets in the skip.

Cheers guys.

I deal with scaffolds most days in an oil refinery and whilst this one is is not up to that standard it’s only really the toe boards that would cause concern to me personally.

Ive been wandering around on it with no issues.

Unfortunately the concrete/ asbestos sheeting you can see was fly tipped in our skip whilst we were on holiday last week it was not from our property.

Quite annoying, awaiting neighbour getting back so we can review CCTV 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan1983 said:

Unfortunately the concrete/ asbestos sheeting you can see was fly tipped in our skip whilst we were on holiday last week it was not from our property.

That is so out of order.  Will your Local Authority tip accept this?  The skip firm will obviously be upset if it stays there.

I did tell the brickies to stop using the skip as needs to be separated.

The project manager is back Monday so will let them deal with it.

We live down a gravel track so don’t really know how anyone would find the skip if they didn’t know it’s there.

Either way fingers crossed CCTV can help.

55 minutes ago, Dan1983 said:

Haha, I went up there yesterday, it seems fine, but saying that it’s not me working up there so I’m not to fussed unless the guys complain?

I think there are a few poles too shiny and some of the planks look very wooden. Apart from that we will wait on the only verdict that matters.

So with the lintels is it just a weep hole at either end?  We have got some openings where there are only 3 courses of brick above and they have weeps at 450 centres!

The blue on the top parts of those scaffold tubes sets them off a treat.  It shows they really care...

Thank-you, almost bailed on the bricks as when I first got a few out of the pack they were just red bricks as below!

EFAB1-FC5-70-E8-4-DD1-A7-AD-AFB4-AE301-D

i was absolutely gutted as spent ages deciding on them.

Thankfully once the packs were mixed there are great variations!

Unsure on the lintels, assuming at least two courses above? Not sure what’s normal?

One if the lintels is missing a section of polystyrene insulation, not sure if this matters?

Edited by Dan1983
  • Like 1

Hi,

I’m really interested if anyone knows how much this build could be if done in ICF and insulated slab? I know there are many varieties to determine that but if quote was £259k??? How much on top of that???  @Dan1983 did you considering any other type of system? Thanks 

• Like 1

Hi Nick, did think about timber frame but was told cost would be similar and you only really save on time.

We are fairly restricted here in the national park to size and design as it has to be in keeping with the surrounding area.

Im over budget as bi-folds and flush casement windows were outside of quote as was anthracite soffits/fascia etc.

I think the quote after a few tweaks ended up at 275k but 35-40k of that was the garage (now plus extras as mentioned above)