Shedxtension

Onoff

Want to put some slip pins in between old and new slabs. Cut some 200mm long st/st rod and made some indents over half the length with a 3mm disc to key the resin. Other, smooth half will get a wrap of Denso tape to protect from the concrete.

IMG_20210917_132002620.thumb.jpg.977892e86dbc66d618bac9285f3e19a4.jpg

I have a Titan mains powered SDS drill.  Nearly 20 years old now, battered and well used but still going.  On it's third set of motor brushes, and second (much longer) mains lead.

I guess most people would have binned it and called it rubbish when the first brushes wore out?

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

B@ll@cks!

I spoke too soon. Looks like I looked at my test stick too soon earlier today. Faint second line but it's there:

1631900847796-647933482.thumb.jpg.b02c84ae84566b9e4d5e8497716e742b.jpg

I was surprised as still a little chesty.

And that's why "proper" lateral flow tests use a reader...

55 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

And that's why "proper" lateral flow tests use a reader...

So the app says based on start of symptoms I can stop self isolating tomorrow, the 18th. Great, back to work, pub etc. 

However if I'm still testing positive with a bit of a cough then surely I'm still infectious? I might not cough, sneeze all day but it only takes one surely? Even when my cough has all but gone...

This arbitrary 10 days self isolation seems more like a way of getting the country back to work with an underlying risk of still infected people spreading it. 

This is where I get bored and it starts to go slow. Doing the hardcore, got bloody great lumps I'm breaking up with a club hammer to get sort of level before the sand blind. Boring as Hell. It'd be much easier if smaller bits to start with.

I've about 7 or 8 jumbo bags of assorted rubbly crap. Debating hiring a crusher one weekend to turn into a nice pile or ready to use Type 1, 2 esque. Would be handy when I do my drive.

Blinded it with some all in one. Went over with the little Evolution electric whacker (the 5kN one). I'll round up a load of small sand, ballast etc plastic bags to lay down before the DPM as a bit of protection against some of the sharper stones:

IMG_20210920_163625319.thumb.jpg.51a894e8d1a460ea75b7a0034be121cb.jpg

Still debating casting the dwarf wall...

Edited by Onoff

Found a good few 100mm Celcon blocks lying around, more than I thought I had. A bit of greenery on them, a few cuts and corners knocked off a couple where the faces have spalled. Some stock bricks too. I reckon I've enough to do a 3 sided dwarf wall similar to what I did for the original shed. Two things I'm concerned about though:

1) How to stop damp coming through them? Angle the dirt away, a bit of membrane tacked to the walls, French drain, gabions filled with flints etc?

2) The return corner where the pipe for (possible future) electrics is, that'll only be like a foot or so long then a doorway. Worried about an opening door cracking up that brick / block work corner...put the hinges the existing shed side?

Hope that makes sense I'm on the 5.5% St Austell IPA!

IMG_20210928_171308601.thumb.jpg.b029a396dbe18a3592bb2bec1b6e816e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...