K-Rend

paulc313

I have seen quite a lot of through colour render look grubby with unsightly dark grey and algae patches and K-Rend is no exception.  I prefer a cement based render finished with masonry paint.  I have used Weber OCR on blockwork and Weber LAC on cement boards.  Probably others are just as good.  I prefer the bagged products for quality and consistent mix although they cost a fair bit more than rendering sand / cement / lime mixed on site so if you have a lot to do this could be the way to go.

6 hours ago, paulc313 said:

Hi,

I'm thinking about using K-rend in a new build. Does anyone have any scare stories or positive experiences with the material after it's been applied?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

I’ve have been using k rend for many years 

Absolutely no issues 

Though I’ve stoped using Webber 

Its worth asking your chosen contractor if you if you can see a recent large job I did ours 300 bags A weeks work for two 

11 minutes ago, nod said:

I’ve have been using k rend for many years 

Absolutely no issues 

Though I’ve stoped using Webber 

Its worth asking your chosen contractor if you if you can see a recent large job I did ours 300 bags A weeks work for two 

@nod why have you stopped using Weber..??

We’ve been using K Rend for about 20 year Cem 10 years before that

We do work for a large company that specified Weber and we had issues with colour match on two jobs One was a synagog Over 2000 mtrs with a lot of detail 

There Rep came out and immediately said we had used contaminated water Left it uncovered in the sun tubed it to wet to dry Caused a load of hassle

12 months later different rep same excuses There batches vary wildly especially the darker colours 

K rends reps Total opposite 

I don’t know if it’s an Irish thing 

They are just very reassuring to the customer Never look to blame the contractor We use all the through coloured renders K rend is the best 

Fantastic back service also  

• Like 2