Mat well

daiking

One time I was home and saw a Swansea based guy with a sign written van, "Bonny Tiler".

im sure there was a terrible bonnie Tyler pun on there too but I've forgotten. Nick must be familiar with him, surely (Shirley)

Edited by daiking
  • Like 1

Enjoying the jokes but to add to the original question I can offer this option as a Mat well - It is a door mat cut to size and just laid in the shallow recess. The matting isn't fixed in any way, which allows us to pick it up and shake it out every now and again. Been down for years. No problems. Just a thought.

PW.

IMG_0329.JPG

15 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Enjoying the jokes but to add to the original question I can offer this option as a Mat well - It is a door mat cut to size and just laid in the shallow recess. The matting isn't fixed in any way, which allows us to pick it up and shake it out every now and again. Been down for years. No problems. Just a thought.

PW.

IMG_0329.JPG

Thats neat - what is it edged with..?

In truth I'm not sure. It was laid by the carpet fitters at the same time as the carpet and door bars were fitted. I think it is just a variation of the door bars they generally use, with mitred edges to form the corners. Whatever they are, the bars are fixed like a door bar would be when carpet is fitted.

Edited by Redoctober
A little more info.

2 hours ago, Redoctober said:

In truth I'm not sure. It was laid by the carpet fitters at the same time as the carpet and door bars were fitted. I think it is just a variation of the door bars they generally use, with mitred edges to form the corners. Whatever they are, the bars are fixed like a door bar would be when carpet is fitted.

We should have had a coir may but it was too tall for the door. Since had door re-fitted, freeing up a few precious mm. Fitter had to put a carpet off cut in there instead. I think the carpet to mat transition is a lot easier to manage than cluelessly retro-fitting into tiles

We used to have one of those, simply laid in a well where we did not lay tiles near the door.

But it was always problematic finding mats big enough and keeping the dust off the rest of the floor etc.

At the new place we have several of those £5 rubber mats from ALDI cut to the right size, and outside, covering the whole floor of the traditional open porch. FItted together they do not move. FAr less complicated.

Ferdinand

16 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I met Bonnie Tyler on DIY SOS and she was game for a laugh. Proper Welsh girl :)

Last off-topic, I promise (well, for this thread!)  

While my musical tastes mostly lean to the heavier side of alternative and electronic music, I make an exception for Total Eclipse of the Heart.  In my opinion, it's one of the finest pop songs in history.  

Always gets put on at our house later in the evening when people's voiceboxes have been suitably lubricated.  Never fails to get a rowdy singalong going!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jack said:

Last off-topic, I promise (well, for this thread!)  

While my musical tastes mostly lean to the heavier side of alternative and electronic music, I make an exception for Total Eclipse of the Heart.  In my opinion, it's one of the finest pop songs in history.  

Always gets put on at our house later in the evening when people's voiceboxes have been suitably lubricated.  Never fails to get a rowdy singalong going!!!

She was on her knees rubbing grout off the bathroom tiles belting out "Turn around......."  

More interesting were the stories from the team about their various 'activities'. 

Bunch of lunatics :D

• Like 1