Sole plate for 300mm I-beam frame

jamieled

I know a few folk on here have built out of I-beams. I'm planning to stick build on site. The structural drawings state a 300mm JJ timber sole plate, but I'm having trouble tracking down sole plate timber that's 300mm wide.

If you've used a sole plate this wide, what did you use and where did you get it from? I'm aware that it's possible to use an i-beam on its side, packed out, but since the engineer has specified solid timber I'd prefer to use that if possible.

@PeterW thanks and no, it just shows solid timber, but I'll give them a ring and find out. @Russell griffiths, there's probably no reason I can't do that other than the engineering drawings show a single bit of timber and so I was keen to avoid deviating from that if possible. Kerto beams look interesting although I couldn't see them being noted as suitable for ground floor sole plate - I'll maybe investigate further.

Two options; 300mm could be a glulam. Alternatively as mentioned split the sole plate, we have 2 x 45x95mm plates with insulation between. Gives a decent amount of timber to fit to the blockwork below and our sole plates were all pre notched showing stud locations.