10 year build warranty

nod

Well I was wrong We did get a final visit for our ten year warranty cert

8 minutes

Less than a hour for the all project

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

But I would of kept hold of my three grand and in the event that we decided to sell Just taken a policy out retrospectively

and perhaps taken Russes advise some two years back when I posed the question 

1 hour ago, nod said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Sure is! 

At least you got your final visit - I didn't even get that and got asked for ridiculous things like the gas safety certificate for the boiler when guy had been out here, seen the electric boiler and even took a photo of it! Just seems to be a box ticking exercise. 

My inspector was a lot more thorough and kindly went round with me on visits where I was present. He told me his job was to ensure the build was sound for the warranty provider but he also wanted to see that I the client was happy with the work done by the builders.  He was a nice man. He picked up on things BC didnt and vice versa.

I had to provide all the certs for installations and guarantees where applicable,  they need the paperwork for the file.

4 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

doesn't matter how long they've been on site doing inspections, it will be their costs if someone makes a claim under the warranty for something they missed!

The inspections are the majority of the cost of these warranties. The actual insurance is with a different insurer and in my case covers £877 of a 2.5k policy. It is the insurer who would pay if there was a claim, not the seller. 

In any event I’d like to see evidence of a successful claim on one of these policies. 

Here’s mine. 

DA061265-815C-435F-BA83-D7F0724A2565.jpeg