Timber Frame Timelapse

Cambs

Here's a time-lapse video of my timber frame going up this week.  Team of 3 from PYC arrived on Monday and did the sole plates.  Started erecting the frame on Tuesday, which is when the video starts.  Lorry arrived each morning between Tuesday and Thursday with the panels and was unloaded and offsite in less than an hour, so minimum disruption to neighbours.  Three and a half days to complete and I now have a fully insulated timber frame, with all internal stud walls and intermediate floors, up all bar a couple of small dormers.  They'll be back next week to finish off and install the windows and doors.  Very pleased with what PYC have done so far.  Apologies for the wavy branch in front of the camera - didn't notice it when I was halfway up a tree setting this up ? Camera was a Brinno TLC200 Pro. 

• Like 3

We used a Brinno camera and had a lot of footage of the garages being built and the timber frame going up and one day my wife was doing some work transferring files and she lost everything through no fault of her own. We have since found out it was something to do with Windows on the computer and to this day have never retrieved the footage even though we have had quite a few geeks try to recover it for us. The reason for this post is to always back up when you have transferred your info onto the computer!

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

We used a Brinno camera and had a lot of footage of the garages being built and the timber frame going up and one day my wife was doing some work transferring files and she lost everything through no fault of her own. We have since found out it was something to do with Windows on the computer and to this day have never retrieved the footage even though we have had quite a few geeks try to recover it for us. The reason for this post is to always back up when you have transferred your info onto the computer!

There's geeks and there's geeks! ?

Does the computer still work and boot up in Windows?

15 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Is that a basement? I see you have floor cassettes but it did not look like they were used until later.  I really like the roof system.  Is that also pre-insulated?

Not a full basement, just a (very expensive) metre deep hole in the ground.  We had a planning restriction on the ridge height, so decided to dig down to give us the ability to get two floors into this space

They put a ledger board up at the end of day 1 and then dropped the floor cassettes on to the ledger board the next morning, before putting the dwarf walls up for the second floor

The roof panels are the same basic construction as the wall panels, just a different thickness - from out to in they are membrane -> wood fibre board -> iJoist + Warmcel -> SmartPly Propassive airtight board.  Both walls and roof were pre-insulated.

Edited by Cambs
  • Thanks 1