Polished concrete floor recommendations

We’re going to be building a one room ground floor extension and looking for recommendations for a concrete polished floor contractor.  We are based in Dorset.  I’ve tried a place in Exeter, but it’s too small for them.  It’s 6 x 4.2.  Thanks

The people we just bought land off, who have built their own house, polished their concrete floor themselves. I say themselves - I was told the lady of the house did most of it as she handled the polisher in a more gentle manner ?

So, consider hiring a polisher and DIY

Edited by BotusBuild

I had hoped to have polished concrete...coloured in some parts.  Thankfully I could not find a contractor within several hundred miles able to do it and in the timescale....I say thankfully as the amount of work we would have needed to do to the uneven slab to make it ready would have been even more than it took to get it ready for tiling..... I visited a new hair salon locally today and they have the most fantastic polished concrete floor I have ever seen.  London contractors, megabucks and a 13 month wait but wow it was beautiful.

1 hour ago, lizzie said:

I had hoped to have polished concrete...coloured in some parts.  Thankfully I could not find a contractor within several hundred miles able to do it and in the timescale....I say thankfully as the amount of work we would have needed to do to the uneven slab to make it ready would have been even more than it took to get it ready for tiling..... I visited a new hair salon locally today and they have the most fantastic polished concrete floor I have ever seen.  London contractors, megabucks and a 13 month wait but wow it was beautiful.

Do you know the name of the contractors? (Not that I dare to look for their prices, but I'd be curious to see the portfolio!) 

1 hour ago, joth said:

Do you know the name of the contractors? (Not that I dare to look for their prices, but I'd be curious to see the portfolio!) 

Will see if I can find out but wont be for a week or so as I wont be there again for a few weeks.