Compriband and other Window Fittings

Triassic

We’ve finally made it across the line and agreed a price for the supply of the 47 windows and doors. What a long winded dance!

I've also started to make progress on the installation cost. Apparently “the Conpriband tape and the air tightness tape is mega expensive”! So I’ve asked the installer to split this out of their price, as I can probably get a better price than them if I shop around. So the question is where to get the very best deal on Compriband tape? I need 150 metres of the stuff.

Regarding Rationel windows, do they come with the fixing brackets or not? The installation video suggests drilling through the frame to fix them in place, that isn’t going to happen here! What sort of brackets did you use and where did you get them from? 

Regading the fixing brackets, is it 2 per window/door, or do you fit more depending on size?

Have a look online, Illbruck TP600, ME500w 110/140 and FM330.

Depending on quantity required linear meterage wise, but for 47 windows/doors I’d easily expect a grand.

TP600 is 4.3m rolls

ME500 is 50m per roll

12 tins of FM330 per box, I’d say 2 boxes

Edited by craig

We fixed with those galvanised steel plates with holes in, screwed to the outside of the window frames then screwed to the timber frame of the house.

window_detail_1.thumb.jpg.d6e1ea54b7e06399b60980da59305a32.jpg

The window openings in the timber frame were deliberately made too big so the openings could be lined with some Celotex.  The small gap between the Celotex and the window foamed.

Then the air tight membrane was brought round the reveal and taped to the window

window_detail_3.thumb.jpg.a0f2c771b250ff8d1c43cbaaf9628480.jpg

Tescon Vana air tight tape from a German supplier on ebay way cheaper than anyone in the UK

Compriband used to seal the wood fibre external insulattion board to the outside of the windows. That came from a local builder.

11 hours ago, craig said:

Have a look online, Illbruck TP600, ME500w 110/140 and FM330.

Depending on quantity required linear meterage wise, but for 47 windows/doors I’d easily expect a grand.

TP600 is 4.3m rolls

ME500 is 50m per roll

12 tins of FM330 per box, I’d say 2 boxes

Evening @craig according to the schedule we have 300m linear metres. I'll have a look online.