Tiler rates

Google

Hi all, can anyone give some ball park figures for laying floor tiles  please...just the labour cost? 

Tiles are large 1.2m x 1.2m...and will cover 100m.

also, regular 300x600 tiles in bathroom...floor and wall.

thanks in advance.

your first problem will be finding someone who wants to do them !!

they will need a special tile lifting  trolley which has suction cups to lift then  place them

and it will be more than a one man job .

your floor will need to be perfectly level with those size tiles as well.

I would agree as well. I have standard size tiles but have had a problem finding any tilers full stop as they seem to be in short supply (non-existent) locally. I have finally found someone following a recommendation from another self-builder whose work is very good, but he is travelling a distance to do the work and he is also very busy. Housebuilders Bible quote  £33 per sq. m for stone flooring and £23 per sq. m. for bathroom tiles but there will be a premium for large tiles and a further premium depending on travel / how busy the tiler is. 

I suppose one or two  men could do it with this tool 

http://www.progrestools.com/handling-equipment/montolit-lifttile-handling-system

I,m betting these tiles you have are meant to be laid with no grout gaps as well?

so would have to be lowered vertically into position as well

Edited by scottishjohn

I think 2 people could do this.  The rate will depend on the layout of the space. They may need to use special levelling clips. The floor will need to be completely flat as will the tiles. At least the grouting should be easy! You can get a Rubi type manual cutter for 1200mm tiles, or you are into a power cutter.  Budget £3,000-£4,000 inc adhesive and grout.

9 hours ago, Google said:

Hi all, can anyone give some ball park figures for laying floor tiles  please...just the labour cost? 

Tiles are large 1.2m x 1.2m...and will cover 100m.

also, regular 300x600 tiles in bathroom...floor and wall.

thanks in advance.

I charge 30 to 40 and £5 for mating 

• 2 years later...

I was quoted £4500 for 25sqm with 600x900 to include matting, adhesive and grout.

complete rip off, didn’t go with them. But no availability of other decent tilers round us till May/June ish. Some trades charge what they want at the mo. Chippy (1-man-bad) tried to quote us £350/day too. Bloody cheek!