Paving

nod

14 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

That’s a good amount of paving, that will be one of our next jobs, hubby has holidays in June so will be doing it then around 200m2, luckily I cannot get holidays at the same time so won’t be labouring!

You sound like my wife and me 

355 metres 

I’ll be like Popeye when I finish 

Though wife has her eye on a trolly for moving them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I hope that is block paving onto sharp sand with kiln dried joints as even then that is a lot of work.

Yep it is 

Stil two backs of Kerbs to go in and a few other bits before we tackle the front part of the drive 

Bit of a nightmare getting them all in Two artics 

1 minute ago, nod said:

Yep it is 

Stil two backs of Kerbs to go in and a few other bits before we tackle the front part of the drive 

Bit of a nightmare getting them all in Two artics 

6338B922-D412-41A1-B9CA-00BEFF5AA193.jpeg

Just weighing up the merits of block paving compared to Indian sandstone. I need somewhat over 200 square metres and am leaning towards block paving as I am assuming that it will be easier to lay. I suspect that laying on a bed of sand will be easier / quicker than bedding slabs on cement and having to point all the joints. Just out of interest @nod which pavers have you chosen and why did you source them from Ireland?

22 minutes ago, Neil said:

Just weighing up the merits of block paving compared to Indian sandstone. I need somewhat over 200 square metres and am leaning towards block paving as I am assuming that it will be easier to lay. I suspect that laying on a bed of sand will be easier / quicker than bedding slabs on cement and having to point all the joints. Just out of interest @nod which pavers have you chosen and why did you source them from Ireland?

We’ve chosen Tobenore 

Shanon 60 mil 

The pedestra are about a third cheaper and also look great 

£18 a mtr plus the kerb edgings are 80 p each 

We’ve bought 820 of them 

I had Tobermore blocks in last house, great stuff very happy with it.

Had an Indian sandstone terrace too..... it looked fantastic but was a nightmare in a north facing position.  Used to get covered in green stuff quick as a flash and dirty too even applying the sealer was only short term benefit.  Plus it turned into a skating rink in cold winter being porous it held the water and became very icy and slippery.  It may be better in a south facing location.

1 minute ago, lizzie said:

I had Tobermore blocks in last house, great stuff very happy with it.

Had an Indian sandstone terrace too..... it looked fantastic but was a nightmare in a north facing position.  Used to get covered in green stuff quick as a flash and dirty too even applying the sealer was only short term benefit.  Plus it turned into a skating rink in cold winter being porous it held the water and became very icy and slippery.  It may be better in a south facing location.

Our  neighbour has sandstone and has the same problem We are surrounded by trees  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nod said:

We’ve chosen Tobenore 

Shanon 60 mil 

The pedestra are about a third cheaper and also look great 

£18 a mtr plus the kerb edgings are 80 p each 

We’ve bought 820 of them 

I used tobermore for my paving. They do good quality stuff. Not much more than the £14 per sqm I paid last year. Acheson and Glover would be another decent brand.

Yeah tried everywhere online 

nearly all where around 18 to 21 for Shanon 

The pedesta are 11 Doesn’t really make sense 

Going from 50 to 60 added £4 to the cost