Which mobile phone app to manage small tasks?

I am looking for a micro project management app for short term task management during my self build. There are loads of to-do type apps out there which fall short of my requirement.

So far I have opened up a notepad document on my PC for each objective that I need to action during the next 4 weeks. These objectives are more structured than a single to-do list sequence, for example most notepad tasks are grouped under a subset of the following headings Plan, Measure, Find, Buy, Tools, Trial, Build.

Does anyone know of a task management app that supports to-do lists within a custom structure?

I am not looking for classic project management software that supports budgeting, task duration or team member allocation.

2 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

A whiteboard screwed to the wall outside my workshop. 

That means I will end up at my local ironmonger asking for "big" wood screws either because I have forgotten to measure the wood batten depth before going shopping or that I wrote 5" wood screw on the office whiteboard and forgot the number.

I thought your previous mission was to revolutionize education though IT adoption ?

On 15/05/2019 at 17:24, epsilonGreedy said:

Does anyone know of a task management app that supports to-do lists within a custom structure?

Have you tried Trello? I find it very effective once you get a hang of all the tips/tricks as you can customise to your preference - create tasks ("lists"), sub-tasks ("cards"), checklists, tags, colour codes, due dates, etc. Available on both web and mobile app. 

Edited by janelondon
Typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, janelondon said:

Have you tried Trello? I find it very effective once you can a hang of all the tips/tricks as you can customise to your preference - create tasks ("lists"), sub-tasks ("cards"), checklists, tags, colour codes, due dates, etc. Available on both web and mobile app. 

After reviewing the apps out there Trello came out top of my list. It does not support a task hierarchy though the features you mention would provide that in effect for a self build project. I am not sure the task whiteboard UI concept, baked into Trello from its initial release, will be as usable on a mobile screen however the big picture review and task list editing would be best done on a desktop computer anyhow.

An app called ToodleDo was the closest to what I had in mind with its task outlines feature, this comes at a non trivial annual subscription, Trello is free for how I would use it.

I will try Trello once this weather breaks and use my PC to configure tasks and the mobile app as a portable reminder.