That was close, very close.

ToughButterCup

Thank God for small diggers is all I can say.

If only I'd managed to do what I said i'd do - when I said I'd do it.  But then I have got form on that - nowhere near as bad as Clive ( @Onoff ) This was the intention  . And this was (until yesterday the outcome.

The delay wasn't all my fault Yer Honour.

20190514_094320.thumb.jpg.ac38dd6120c8dbae49d6a34d1608c746.jpg

Bright eyed, bushy tailed, chuggle down the garden this morning, digger all revved up to yank the tank vertical. Nay borra, Jimmie. easy. Done this before. Hook up, sling up, go.

Hold on, why isn't the bleedin tank moving ? On lifting, the cab rocks a bit more than normal. Finger-tips begin to smoke. Nother little nudge, nothing. Oh fer  *+&% 's sake boys and girls. Whass-that-about?

Click! Take the tank lid off. Oh dear, never mind what shame. Pillock, should have thought of that before.

20190514_094238.thumb.jpg.e96529b1ce718ce2a8c8876bd5587d76.jpg

During the winter months it's filled with water. The dry spell lowered the surrounding water table. And so now it's semi-filled with water.

Pump arriving this afternoon. 

Had  a five tonne digger, I'd have ripped the strong-points out of the tank. 

Thank god for small diggers.

It was stored in a hole for just under a year now, the hole you see (albeit not very clearly).

That hole filled with water, and because the tank was canted over at an angle, the outflow pipe was - for a while - below water level. So it filled up - and presumably also emptied until the water table was lower than the outflow invert.