Yellow planning application notices

Moonshine

2 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Not one would be displayed locally if that process were adopted here.

I remember on my school work experience placement I had the job of finding these for a site and removing them. 

Perhaps a little underhand. But we also burnt down a refrigerator trailer to scrap it so I’m not sure legalities where high on the business priorities. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Moonshine said:

Are these a mandatory requirement for a planning application

Errr ... no....

Notice is, and councils started to send letters to neighbours along with the standard local paper route, both of which meet the requirements. 

The issue now is cost, and I know my local council are going back to posting a laminated PP notice in the area as it’s cheaper than sending 20 letters to the neighbours. 

Here's chapter and verse. Read paragraph 3 

(3) An application falling within paragraph (2) (“a paragraph (2) application”) must be publicised in accordance with the requirements in paragraph (7) and by giving requisite notice—

(a)by site display in at least one place on or near the land to which the application relates for not less than 21 days; and

(b)by publication of the notice in a newspaper circulating in the locality in which the land to which the application relates is situated.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/595/article/15/made (accessed May 2019)

I think it may just be that nobody has an incentive to point out that Councils are outsourcing their responsibility to others.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 08:26, AnonymousBosch said:

Here's chapter and verse. Read paragraph 3 

i have only just got round to looking at this, and @AnonymousBosch i think that you are incorrect (thanks for the link though, v.useful).

That paragraph (3) is only for applications that have a EIA, aren't in the LPA development plan, affects a right of way (paragraph 2).

If an application doesn't have any of those factors (mine don't, i think) then its covered under paragraph 4, which is either a site notice, or a notice to any adjoining owner or occupier (e.g a letter), and a notice in the local paper.

In my case i think the LPA will actually send letters (i received one about an appeal a few years back) and notice in the local paper.

Edited by Moonshine