Gabion

You use the good, nice looking stone on the outside and the top, the places that can not be seen, you use the cheapest stone you can buy to fill the rest of the void space! 

You know the cubic capacity of each gabion, and you can usually find the volume per tonne of stone online.

Edited by Triassic

You could just ask them directly how much a cubic metre weighs, when I've had deliveries the drivers knew roughly. Trouble with guessing is they'd probably deliver 20 tonnes for £235 or not much more, delivery is a large part of the cost.

Where did you get your baskets from @nod ? I have got some BIG projects in a few years with Gabions and am just wondering what they cost, those look very good quality. I have endless free stone ! So i want to buy some good cages, preferably with a green plastic coating but that may be a bit expensive. 

1 hour ago, Ed Davies said:

You could just ask them directly how much a cubic metre weighs, when I've had deliveries the drivers knew roughly. Trouble with guessing is they'd probably deliver 20 tonnes for £235 or not much more, delivery is a large part of the cost.

Yeah your right there 

Some online companies are selling £65 per ton bag plus deliveries 

I think 225 for clean is pretty good 

1 hour ago, Cpd said:

Where did you get your baskets from @nod ? I have got some BIG projects in a few years with Gabions and am just wondering what they cost, those look very good quality. I have endless free stone ! So i want to buy some good cages, preferably with a green plastic coating but that may be a bit expensive. 

Songmics