below ground drainage

Hi Guys,

Im currently working on the below ground drainage design of a large project which has numerous internal svps, s/s and rwps.

All these stacks need picking up below slab level with drains and I need clarification on whats the most practical and economical method.

I was hoping that i could connect the stacks directly to the main drainage run without  a considerable amount of inspection chambers. (option 1)

From my understanding of the building regs a foul stack must connect to an inspection and not connect at a junction (option 2)  Is this correct even if the main run has a manhole up and downstream of the junction ?

Also, does the above apply to surface water (Rainwater pipes) ?

I have attached a simple schematic sketch of the foul to give you an idea of what im blabbering on about.

If you know of any technical guidance or publications that would assist me, that would be great too.

thanks in advance 

953600428_draingequery.thumb.JPG.f9312d7c020a1a7da5d4517c1373e612.JPG

6 minutes ago, coggs said:

Hi Guys,

Im currently working on the below ground drainage design of a large project which has numerous internal svps, s/s and rwps.

All these stacks need picking up below slab level with drains and I need clarification on whats the most practical and economical method.

I was hoping that i could connect the stacks directly to the main drainage run without  a considerable amount of inspection chambers. (option 1)

From my understanding of the building regs a foul stack must connect to an inspection and not connect at a junction (option 2)  Is this correct even if the main run has a manhole up and downstream of the junction ?

Also, does the above apply to surface water (Rainwater pipes) ?

I have attached a simple schematic sketch of the foul to give you an idea of what im blabbering on about.

If you know of any technical guidance or publications that would assist me, that would be great too.

thanks in advance 

What about a variation? An option "3"! Run them all into a single manhole on the main soil pipe (I assume it is not a sewer but indeed your system?).

Edited by Carrerahill