Sign off

nod

3 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

I agree the rules are overly broad, but it's worth remembering they're not primarily for the occupants of the house (who'd get a ramp built if it was needed long term) but mostly for visitors.

TBH if it was just for visitors there are other places you could meet visitors, doesn't have to be in a tiny house. 

I have just had my (very accommodating) building inspector round to let me know what I need to get my build signed off, he knew of my fight to get planning permission and health problems during the build. He listed the docs I need, electric, mvhr, unvented cylinder, gas, sap, air test, he did not comment on the large bath which I know has caused some people problems and the cloakroom door hung the wrong way round (supposed to open outward) but he said as the cloakroom was large it would not be a problem (and he knew I would only change it back once he had signed it off!!,) air test booked for next week and getting the docs sorted ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joe90 said:

He listed the docs I need, electric, mvhr, unvented cylinder, gas, sap, air test, he did not comment on the large bath which I know has caused some people problems and the cloakroom door hung the wrong way round (supposed to open outward) but he said as the cloakroom was large it would not be a problem (and he knew I would only change it back once he had signed it off!!,)

Try to get him to confirm in writing so you have some hard evidence if HMRC ask for something noting why it’s not signed off already. Even if you email him your understanding and ask him to agree your email. 

• Thanks 1