Crane insurance, windows insurance for window lift???

oranjeboom

Or if you can get 32 people it will be easy peasey...but you will need them to be able to listen and react as a team

@recoveringacademic will explain 

It's why a platoon of mortarmen can pick up a Landover and hide it around the corner without breaking sweat

Ask me how I know?

Edited by Tennentslager

3 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

Right then, I'll PM you my address!! Will stock up on the 'redbull' in the meantime - you may need a few.

It's only down to man management. A gang of guys, instructed and choreographed accordingly can do some amazing things. 

Ive put some bloody big steels in without anything other than a bunch of scared guys and my leadership. And they flew in. 

The Egyptians managed..... ;)

Ah but the Egyptians didn't have health and safety and insurance to worry about. Crane is probably the safest option but not the cheapest and there is the dilemma. Think you will just have to suck the cost up get it swung in safely and move on to the next job.

And our steel going in just over a year ago.  We couldn't have done it without the telehandler. House is too far from the road, and the road too narrow, so a 130t crane was not an option. This thing simply picked everything up from the driveway. On full reach tho the lift was fairly limited. Webcam

We had two 500kg 4.4m sliding door units to be installed at rear of house. Installer (quite experienced) used a fairly large 4WD tele handler and straps to get the windows in position. First thing he did was separate the fixed and sliding elements and move them separately.

We chopped a slot out of the scaff and made a run of boards to the final position and each element was lined up in the correct orientation. He then had a small bogey that each part was lowered on (fixed element first) to and it was manhandled into position by about 6 big lads, the moving part followed once the first part was secured to the opening.

I watched from a distance but it all seemed to go well :)

Separate insurance was not an issue as we paid the window supplier for installation.

59 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

Moving our biggest one. Three on each side, one at back in charge and making sure it is kept upright. We strapped insulation to the bottom of it to make it easier to drop if needed. 

Webcam

A bit of a distance from the questions about cutting through concrete :)  

Looks great. 

• Like 1