Ferdinand

100k Plot / Reno on Notts/Derbys Border

Posted (edited)

A reno property / demo-replace has come up near to me for auction.

https://www.wabarnes.co.uk/property_details.php?priceMin=0&priceMax=5000000&searchtype=auction&id=14603714&vid=28729217

Guide price 100k. Post code NG17 2HR, 7 Springwood View, Sutton-in-Ashfield. 3 miles to M1J28. Nice cul-de-sac. People stay for years - this looks like a deceased sale from 2002, rented since.

4iyRa0DiYybHtE3H8JcGvgSkB2w.jpg

Notes:

80 sqm - 2 bed. My est. 400sqm plot. Potential for extension/garage convert.

These were sold as plots by the Council in approx 1970 and people commissioned their own houses.

Problem here is said (Engineers' Report) to be voids under the floor so says put in suspended floors (20k+ work estd on that). Risk of asbestos?

Cul de sac has Outstanding Lower School at the other end, and road-free access to child playground etc.

Tried to sell it for £260k in 2018. Failed.

My guess is would be worth 200-220k when done, but dyor.

Rental should be £725-750 per month if repaired.

Of interest to eg @eekoh?

Due for auction on 9/5 ,so get your skates on.

Ferdinand

-----------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION AND SITUATION

FOR SALE BY PUBLIC AUCTION ON THURSDAY 9TH MAY 2019 AT THE CIVIC CENTRE, CHESTERFIELD ROAD SOUTH, MANSFIELD, NOTTS. NG19 7BH AT 3PM PROMPT. A rare opportunity to purchase a detached bungalow in need of structural repair by virtue of defective floor construction. The property stands on a substantially larger than average plot within a popular, residential location. The property is capable of being repaired or, alternatively, offers potential for demolition and replacement with either one or two dwellings, subject to obtaining the necessary Planning Consent. The accommodation comprises; dining kitchen, lounge, two double bedrooms plus bathroom/WC and garage. Good access to all local amenities. Ideal for the builder or speculative developer.
Freehold. Full Vacant Possession. Guide Price £100,000 plus

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 2

Looks like it may be a bargain

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, nod said:

Looks like it may be a bargain

Can't be sure.

It could be a "come and get me" price to stir up interest. Likely sale price .... no idea.

The chap has been running auctions in the area for decades.

It is a decent pack, with a Structural Engineer report already done.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

Sold for 135k.

I was expectng something up to £150k, so that looks like a doable project with room for a decent spec.

Good for the area.

• Like 1