Amersham where to stay ?

Hey humans !

I’m fairly certain we will be going with IQglass - they answer all my stupid questions - so respect to them !

Anyone been to their showroom ?

Might make a day/night of it so recommendations on where to stay and eat appreciated!!

RK for the front door though ( swoon ! Finger print , electro lock , pivot etc. Etc. )

cheers all !

I’m originally from Berkhamsted,not far from there & a lovely town (didn’t think so when a teenager but who does?)

Theres a Prdmier Inn just outside the town in the A41 bypass or,if your looking a bit more upmarket I think a couple of the swanky pubs in town do rooms. 

Amersham Old Town seems nice though I’ve only ever driven through it. 

1 hour ago, Sue B said:

I’ve always fancied staying at the Crazy Bear hotel in Beaconsfield just for the weirdness.

The Crazy Bear is nice. Did you know it was a knocking shop. although as its a posh knocking shop i bet it is expensive. Champers is £100 + a bottle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Did you know it was a knocking shop. although as its a posh knocking shop i bet it is expensive

LOL - no idea!! Family have visited for afternoon tea (groupon offers) but we never managed to fit it in before moving away.  The decor does seem to be an explosion in bad taste and opulent display.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Do you know / ever met Ed (Reardon)?

He is back on the radio, with Pippa Haywood as his latest.

7 hours ago, Onoff said:

Sorted:

There is Cock Shooters Wood, I kid you not, it is close to Chequers, you could stay there.

13 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Do you know / ever met Ed (Reardon)?

Had to Google him as I do bump into people when I’m back who know me & I haven’t a clue who they are:)

I played football against David James as a 10 year old & my brothers were at school with singer Beverley Craven. 

Crazy times,man. 

3 hours ago, Brickie said:

my brothers were at school with singer Beverley Craven. 

One of my sister's many husbands, was the deputy head at a school in Berkhamstead.  I lived just down the road at Abbots Langley for a while.

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

One of my sister's many husbands, was the deputy head at a school in Berkhamstead

......the Mormon School,by the sounds of it!