Shortest short projection toilet or back-to-wall with remote cistern in adjacent cupboard?

oranjeboom

I have a small laundry room that will house the washing machine and drier (obviously) but due to it's size (1.7m x 1.6m) things are going to get compact so will have to stack the machines like so:

Image result for dryer stacked on washing machine

I will end up with the sink to the left of the wm/dryer as above, but will be to the rightermost position as I also have to squeeze in the toilet.

So rough plan is:

IMG_1873.JPG.85d50f34f700e1be2f997e340cb044ef.JPG

As I actually want to able to reach the sink without having to get my feet wet by standing in the toilet, I need to push the toilet back as far as I can. No point getting a Geberit framed toilet system as you end up coming out by at least 120mm after boarding etc. So need to create as much standing space as i can in the yellow area.

Two options:

1) Short projection close-coupled toilet

So I am toying with the idea of either having a very short projection toilet - what's the shortest projection toilet available?? Shortest one I have found is 590mm.

2) Back to wall toilet with remote cistern

The other more complicated option is to get a BTW toilet which will give me an extra 11cm of floor space (projection only 480mm). This would mean locating the cistern to the right of the toilet hidden away (boxed in probably to look like a wall hung cupboard). A long 1.6m flush pipe would be  needed to reach the toilet and it would come into the back of the toilet at a horizontal angle rather than your typical vertical-> horizontal approach. I want to minimise the number of bends. Can I get away with using 32mm waste pipe for the flush pipe? Should be sufficient head as cistern will be over a metre higher than toilet and only 2 bends to contend with. I would board up the 32mm waste/flow pipe by hacking out a channel in the  plaster on the wall (pretty thick) and then battening out with 25mm plus 12mm pb so would 'lose' 36mm and end up projecting 516mm (still better than 590 with CC toilet).

Flush operation would be button on side of false cupboard using an air push type. Presume that the button will still work below the level of the actual cistern?

Soil pipe comes up through the concrete floor so will probably have to use a flexi pan connector with either set up.

Similar discussion here but in loft (no option for me as I have a window above the toilet):

Option 2 seems best space-wise but is more complicated - anything I have missed that makes this a non-starter?

11 minutes ago, PeterW said:

You could use a pressure flushing valve to flush the pan but cost would be your issue there. 

Cost is an increasingly big issue at this point so will have to leave that option, thanks anyway!

4 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I have a very similar setup but the 1650 measurement is 1700.  The WC is pushed away from the sink a bit, rather than centred, and no issue getting to the sink.

What toilet type do you have and projection distance please? What space do you have between the wallside and the toilet? My wife like's everything centred, but in this case will have to off-centre it a bit also. It'll look really stupid if you can't reach the sink without a foot spa treatment by standing in the toilet!!

Villeroy & Boch wall hung on a Geberit type frame. 300mm between wall and WC. We have reduced this to 250mm in other units where soil pipe location dictates.  It gives 400mm-450mm between sink unit and WC.

Capture.PNG.cceb3b78278a377e1011b66afdccb486.PNG

On 03/05/2019 at 14:14, bassanclan said:

No, as I have a window above the toilet.

On 03/05/2019 at 14:06, Ferdinand said:

Alternative: shift loo through 90 to be on the other wall, and use a side-exit soil pipe if needed.

Ferdinand

Yeah, tried that too, but you'll almost be getting 'chinned' as you get on/off from the throne by the work surface.

On 03/05/2019 at 13:15, PeterW said:

Isn’t this a bungalow ..?? What’s above ..??

and why not a short projection corner WC..?? https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/venice-modern-corner-toilet-with-soft-close-seat

It is a bungalow, but can't route the pipe up into loft due to window (if that's what you were thinking).

Corner toilet would almost be okay, but it just looks out of place IMO and would look better in a bigger room which kind of defeats what they are for I guess. Other issue would be the soil pipe which comes out of the concrete slab - I'm not moving that as I have ufh in the floor. Also not going to box in.

On 03/05/2019 at 13:12, PeterW said:

You need 400-450 from the centerline of the pan to the wall to be usable

I have 470 (wall side) and 540 (sinkside), but may main issue is lack of foot space in front of the toilet and sink area as the washer/dryer push the sink towards the toilet.

43 minutes ago, oranjeboom said:

I have 470 (wall side) and 540 (sinkside), but may main issue is lack of foot space in front of the toilet and sink area as the washer/dryer push the sink towards the toilet.

I've 470mm wall side to the centre line. Loads of room. 

My pan's 365mm wide. Half of that 182.5mm. If I had your 540mm sink side that'd be 540-182.5 = 357.5mm.

Quite a few v.narrow basins about e.g:

https://www.bigbathroomshop.co.uk/milano-dalton-white-modern-square-wall-hung-basin-280mm-x-280mm-1-tap-hole-70042

On 05/05/2019 at 00:01, Onoff said:

Quite a few v.narrow basins about e.g:

Thanks @Onoff, but the room's a utility room, so will be going for a kitchen/utility sink. Main concern is the space in front of toilet (yellow area):

image.png.00a09040844c93bad6a6eff8f8116d2f.png

Although the wife has smaller feet and she'd probably spend most of the time doing any cleaning in there....

:ph34r:

Can't you just have a bottle of Carex at the main sink and wash your hands there?

IGNORE everything I've said. For some reason I thought you were wanting two sinks in there!

Edited by Onoff

16 hours ago, Simplysimon said:

No!...see below

On 04/05/2019 at 23:19, oranjeboom said:

Corner toilet would almost be okay, but it just looks out of place IMO and would look better in a bigger room which kind of defeats what they are for I guess. Other issue would be the soil pipe which comes out of the concrete slab - I'm not moving that as I have ufh in the floor. Also not going to box in.

16 hours ago, Onoff said:

IGNORE everything I've said. For some reason I thought you were wanting two sinks in there!

Don't worry, I do that already! :D

Yes, it is a utility / washroom, so will definitely need the sink in there. Looks as though best option is if I want the space is to go for a back to wall toilet with remote cistern hidden to the right of toilet and then behind a wall hung cupboard. This should give me sufficient space I think:

Doorway view:

Pipe clips = toilet outline    Copper pipe = sink unit  Timber upright = position of stacked washer and dryer.

IMG_1882.JPG.3d544a5643c223f3b36da96ba5944a15.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG.6944982663ba451c59c39618c7bc12c2.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG.8c4b2e80ff5bab49dc84c1aba2fef08b.JPG

Standing by the sink (washing machine to the left of timber uprights)

Edited by oranjeboom

Okay, now that I have moved the window and enlarged the room (thanks guys), I have found a short projection toilet: Tavistock Q60 Back To Wall Pan (https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/19482.htm) which is only 460mm in projection. Anyone has experience of this particular toilet?

Probably can't get any shorter than 460mm and you want it to be usable at the end of the day!