timber frame wall make-up

redtop

so we are about to finalise, from the inside out:-

fermacell

service void

SMARTPLY PROPASIV (OSB with integrated VPL)

140mm frame with pavaflex

pavatherm plus external cladding

vent cavity and wood cladding

This gives us the u-value we want, the insulation is great at shifting moisture and has a high decrement delay, no need for plastic layers that can get damaged over time, fewer overall layers (and every layer takes time) and the fermacell (which is glued together) provides an additional strong layer that is fire resitant and can hang anything from it. Also the pavatherm plus is solid, maybe not OSB strong but it will make the overall structure very strong when coupled with the internal OSB. For the flat roof we are using cureit (a GRP system), this is more expensive material wise than traditional felt but i can do a days trg and then fit it myself very easily.

Seems to me like the perfect system; what have i got wrong lol.  I know it wont be the cheapest but i would rather spend money on the fabric and fit fancy kitchens when my wallet has recovered.

• 9 months later...
On 02/05/2019 at 20:58, redtop said:

so we are about to finalise, from the inside out:-

fermacell

service void

SMARTPLY PROPASIV (OSB with integrated VPL)

140mm frame with pavaflex

pavatherm plus external cladding

vent cavity and wood cladding

This gives us the u-value we want, the insulation is great at shifting moisture and has a high decrement delay, no need for plastic layers that can get damaged over time, fewer overall layers (and every layer takes time) and the fermacell (which is glued together) provides an additional strong layer that is fire resitant and can hang anything from it. Also the pavatherm plus is solid, maybe not OSB strong but it will make the overall structure very strong when coupled with the internal OSB. For the flat roof we are using cureit (a GRP system), this is more expensive material wise than traditional felt but i can do a days trg and then fit it myself very easily.

Seems to me like the perfect system; what have i got wrong lol.  I know it wont be the cheapest but i would rather spend money on the fabric and fit fancy kitchens when my wallet has recovered.

Did you go ahead with this build up? Similar to ours! I'm currently looking to source Pavaflex & Pavatherm somewhere cheaply - any names/leads/advice? Thanks!

we are going ahead as planned. groundworks done, services on site, foundations done, steel legs up (whole house is lifted of the ground by between 0.5 and 2.5m), steel subframe on, ground floor joists done and floor deck down!  Next lot of steels this week while builders do decking joists and then its onto the external walls.  So yes, but it all takes time! We didn't find a cheap source of pavatherm, the suppliers we did find were all very similar tbh.  Only thing we have changed is to replace the pavaflex with a cheaper fill between the studs to save money