Electronic lock

Hey !

As our house is mainly underground the front door is above ground . It will no doubt become a pain going upstairs to answer the door . So a electronic activated lock seems the answer with Cctv - so door can be opened remotely for us lazy people .

Another aspect that could be added was a finger print scanner to unlock the door externally - wife always fluffs to find the front door key ; but it’s £700 

So ; I was trying to think of a way that simply her having her phone and being in the presence of the door and outside would cause it to unlock .

Any ideas ? - assume this would be somewhat cheaper than £700 !! 

If you were to renege and go with Internorm (if only for your front door) then you can pair a Loxone number keypad thing on the outside which integrates control i think for a doorbell and has NFC aswell. I think that plate is about 200 sheets. May work with other door systems of course. 

1 hour ago, Big Neil said:

If you were to renege and go with Internorm (if only for your front door) then you can pair a Loxone number keypad thing on the outside which integrates control i think for a doorbell and has NFC aswell. I think that plate is about 200 sheets. May work with other door systems of course. 

Thanks 

current door I’m looking at is from rk door systems 

I have an RK front door with automatic motorised lock.  We have an external call point intercom and handsets on 5 floors.  The motorised lock completely locks / unlocks the door.  We have set the handsets so they can talk to each other.  We have a special signal for mealtimes etc. so saves yelling.

• Like 1