Removing roof trusses (safely)

The internal supports in my loft are awkwardly placed and make access difficult. There are two of these inverted A frames about 2m apart.

Is there some other arrangement of internal supports that can be constructed to make the space more useable?

How would you proceed with a job like this? Obviously having the roof collapse would be a bad thing, so DIY is probably out of the question.

Do I need surveyor/architect involvement or is this a straightforward, common task for a competent roofer.

Thanks,

Matt

89253043_rooftruss.JPG.2451aaeaed090fd786cabce095560807.JPG

These are taking some of the weight of the purlins down to a supporting wall in the middle of the house.  you can't go removing them without replacing something else and this is really into structural engineers territory to design some alternative less intrusive support. 

If this is just for storage, an easier option might just be to relocate the loft hatch so it comes up into the more usable space in between the two A frames?

I'd guess that the horizontal tie is also preventing outward spread, too, by restraining the purlins from moving apart under the load from the roof.  It might be possible to design an alternative method of providing both intermediate support for the purlins and ties to stop spread, but this would need to be done by an SE, as it's not really a DIY proposition (although the actual work may well be).

mates house, had a problem with plumbing, went to have a look. had a look in the loft and went 'oh f**k', this used to be a trussed roof. previous owner did the conversion to room in roof, don't think an se saw it, however, he does have a completion cert. been ther a good few years and not many problems other than cracks in the ceiling after neighbour started doing work on his house.