Joinery detail

Sjk

Hi all,

One of my conditions is

“No works shall commence on the dwellinghouse hereby approved until full joinery details, at a scale of 1:5, including section/profile details where necessary and all types of finishes, have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.

Before I call up the planning office, has anyone else had this condition? If so, would you mind sharing what you submitted? 

I'm assuming its details on the bargeboards, windows and doors? If that is right, not sure on the level of detail they are expecting.

Quite normal

It will be external finishing 

Ours is next to a listed building 

Widows doors barge boards porch 

Style materials 

Mainly the front elevation 

They didn’t seem to interested around the back 

I wouldn’t make to big of a deal of it Even though it is a pain 

A other hoop that will quickly be ticked off 

• Thanks 1

We had a condition requiring that all external finishes, materials etc had to be approved before commencement.  In our case the condition specified samples of every material used had to be provided to the planning officer.  I spent a day driving around collecting samples from suppliers, then drove to the planning office, carrying a large pile of the stuff.  I was barred from entering the building, on health and safety grounds, despite me having the decision notice in my hand stating I had to provide samples.

I ended up standing outside (in the pouring rain) talking to the planning officer on the 'phone.  He chose not to come out in the rain to look at the samples, so asked me to send him photos.  When I pointed out that he already had sample photos in our design and access statement he just said he'd sign off the condition based on those.

A frustrating day spent driving around 100 miles that was just completely pointless; he could have looked at our D&A statement and told me that I didn't need to provide samples, but I guess that wouldn't have been as satisfying as making me waste my time...

• Sad 1