Cheap garage

K78

After getting a quote for a shipping container for 4 weeks, I’m looking at alternatives. 

The weekly hire cost isn’t really a issue, but delivery and collection push the price to over £1000+vat. 

My neighbour has been complaining about some monster leylandii that tower over his house. So I’m just going to take them down and put a garage in their place. 

I’m thinking of using the cheap concrete panels that clip together, then cladding the ugly concrete at a later date. 

I have found the panels on ebay for £35 each, but I’m sure I read a thread on here where someone mentioned seconds for £20?

i only paid £1200 for each of our shipping containers and that included delivery, you’ll need it for longer than  four weeks! We’ve had ours for three years so far!

We painted ours Army Olive Green Drab and hid then in some bushes. People park in front of them and don’t notice them until we point them out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I see that you can buy second hand concrete sectional garages,complete with doors, for 99p on eBay, buyer to dismantle and remove!

I did see a few. They all look like they have asbestos roofs.

It seems buying makes more sense than hiring with shipping containers. 

My main concern is keeping my ICF blocks safe and secure. 

The ICF blocks come shrink wrapped in large cubes, I just stacked mine on the slab and cut the packs open as I needed them.

Which ICF system are you using? I used Amvik myself, I have a few left over, I must get round to selling them on!

Edited by Triassic

23 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

You will need a full site fence as part of your public liability insurance, make it a good one. 

It’s raised 6ft from the main road. 

There is a clear warning sign at the site entrance. 

The council are satisfied the site is safe and secure. 

Edited by K78

30 minutes ago, nod said:

I agree with the above 

Unlikely that your blocks would be stolen 

Being near a main road makes you a harder target than the middle of nowhere for thief’s 

Might give it a miss then. The money could be better spent elsewhere at the moment.  

Even though the road is busy it is a rural area. 

7 hours ago, K78 said:

Might give it a miss then. The money could be better spent elsewhere at the moment.  

Even though the road is busy it is a rural area. 

We are the same 

The worst mistake I made was attaching debri netting to the Herras fencing at the front of the plot Great for privacy Also For would be thief’s 

We took it down after a week