grout sealer

SiBee

Hi guys,

I know the community has at least one tiler on so hoping for a decent recommendation.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good grout sealer please. I dont want my white grout in the bathroom to go orrible, would prefer it to stay white.

The bath panel which is all glass mosiacs needs a dark grey grout which also needs to keep its colour. Never had much luck with charcoal or dark grey grouts tbh but needs must.

Would the sealer change the colour of white grout?

Using tilemaster grout 3000.

Best Regards,

Simon       

I have 5l of this. Not used it yet.  Porcelanosa spec says grout sealer not necessary however floor man who came to clean up tiles with acid (tiler had not cleaned them off properly and I had an unshift-able grout haze plus lumps of grout and adhesive) said he thought grout sealer would be a good thing to do so I bought it......its still in the cupboard 6 months later, will get round to it one day.

IMG_2282.JPG

1 hour ago, SiBee said:

Hi guys,

I know the community has at least one tiler on so hoping for a decent recommendation.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good grout sealer please. I dont want my white grout in the bathroom to go orrible, would prefer it to stay white.

The bath panel which is all glass mosiacs needs a dark grey grout which also needs to keep its colour. Never had much luck with charcoal or dark grey grouts tbh but needs must.

Would the sealer change the colour of white grout?

Using tilemaster grout 3000.

Best Regards,

Simon       

Unfortunately the only thing that will stop your grout discolouring  is good ventilation 

The best grout for holding it’s colou is Mapie 

ive in-line fans in my bathrooms and this clears the steam quickly 

So should help 

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Meant to seal the tiles and grout before first use then periodically thereafter to reduce cleaning frequency.

I’ve used that but it doesn’t help with the light coloured grout in high traffic areas (fine in the bathrooms). Mine was Mapei grout so should have been ok. I used some stuff called Rubi Net grout cleaner that was ace but I don’t seem to be able to see it for sale now. These days I just bleach clean it using a brush, and seal it again.