Tile setting out and choice.

Oz07

Just tiling above bath, shower and basin in current place.

I want a matt white tile with a rectified edge and grey grout.

the 600x300 tiles are pretty easy to find however I'm struggling to find a 400 x 250 matt white tile with rectified edge. Anyone know of any suppliers?

I've gone for a 1200 x 800 shower tray and my thinking is 600 works fine on the 1200 side, but on the 800 side 2 400 cuts probably look best aesthetically, however then tile will almost be square. 400 x 250 probably work better?

Likewise with bath its 1700 x 750, what cuts would look ok on the 750 side?

Twisting my melon

• 3 weeks later...

No advice, but sympathy. Tile setting out is the one thing that has caused way more headaches than expected in the build. It's so flipping complicated! Thankfully, we have a fantastic tiler and he's unbelievably managed to line up the grout lines between walls and floor, so it looks really slick. His advice was that you are better to have two 500 cuts (our tiles are 600x400), than two full tiles and one smaller cut, although it's more work. The eye doesn't notice the smaller difference, but one small tile really sticks out between full ones. It's taken an age, but honestly, you wouldn't know that most of the tiles in our bathroom are cuts.