A Change of Materials

Triassic

The planning Enforcement Officer (EO) might pick this up, depending on the local context.  Their enforcement action could in the worst instance be to require you to strip off all the weatherboard and replace in wood. On the other hand if you submit a NMA + provide samples to agree the change, then you also risk getting this turned down and having pre-warned the EO about this issue.   It really depends on the local context and your relationship with the local planners.

12 minutes ago, Triassic said:

The approved plans state that the exterior is a mix of coloured render and 18mm treated timber weatherboard. Would the planners even notice if I used treated fibre cement timber effect weatherboard?

I wanted to change the limestone exterior wall, approx 42 sq m as it was going to be very costly and use a contemporary wall clad system that would be half the price. I contacted my planner, Mike Hoar from South lakes planning dept and he said he was in favour of this, just get some samples and we can chose. He has been a pleasure to deal with I have to say.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

He has been a pleasure to deal with I have to say.

As I say, it all depends on the local context.  If you can keep them onside, then this is best option. Some LPAs seem to encourage the arsehole approach :(

Edited by TerryE