Geberit wall depth

Pocster

Right !

It’s complicated !

Doing the ufh prep in the bathroom .

How thick does the wall need to be to take a geberit hidden flush cistern ?

Because we don’t know the exact size of our shower tray nor the bath type ( as in where the waste is or where the taps are ) i’m going to shutter out those areas so they have no ufh nor screed ; same for inner geberit wall .

This a sensible plan given the situation?

cheers 

Equation of faith goes like this :

want bathroom +

dont know exactly what suite +

dont know what shower x

not really sure how this is going to go /

wife-factor 

Lots of variables not many constants ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

As if I know which one !

I *assumed* the depth required was pretty similar. 

I used four Geberit Signas

70 mil stud was sufficient 

Its surprising how little room they take up 

Just now, nod said:

I used four Geberit Signas

70 mil stud was sufficient 

Its surprising how little room they take up 

Sorry meant 100 mill stud 

Just ordering a load of 70 as I type 

My two frames were a bargain £100 the pair. Older models so deeper but work a treat. Geberit instructions are good too. I was lucky in the frame was sited over the old blocked up doorway that ended up 2" lower anyway than the main wall.

20170329_221049

Over a 3m wide wall not one stud is the same depth range from 90mm to I think 145mm. In part to square the room off and also to allow depth for the pockets as well as wc frame. The studs are concrete screwed to the wall at 5 points minimum. The rears are packed with timber where the screws are then everything foam filled.

20170402_145816

Geberit instructions are good too. Typical drawings:

20190410_221410.thumb.jpg.577b31a3845b7ff0191c638529929a6a.jpg

20190410_221324.thumb.jpg.7566bdb6e8bd2e6f9d0aff82b9994a74.jpg

There'll also likely be a video for whatever frame you get, e.g:

• Thanks 1

Just be aware that the slimmer cisterns are more expensive, generally and are not compatible with all the flush plates, so if you're keeping an eye out for a bargain then it narrows your options somewhat. I got good deals on the grohe frames ((duofix), so they are maybe worth a look too - still very solid looking. 

Some of the air flush plates are £300!! But there are loads on eBay and gumtree, so if you know what range will fit the frame, you can make some savings there. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Geberit are driving me mad at the moment. So I am very grateful for this thread.

They make the purchase process so difficult; it's almost as if they don't want to sell their products. If only their sales effort was as strong as their production and support.

Tried technical support ..? They are really good. Geberit don’t sell direct but will give you Tech advice over phone or email   

Just purchased another Geberit wc frame, model, 111.292.00.1, same as the one above to that's 3 I've got now. All because SWMBO wants the 3 wcs the same. Impulse purchase but £108 brand new & delivered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pocster said:

It’s ok ; watched video again - I guess that’s a “yes”

The drawing extracts I posted above are for the older Geberit Kappa UP200 - the 3 frames I have.

The video is for a Sigma.

This should really help. Full instruction leaflets are here for the Sigma, Omega and Kappa cisterns (not my ones as older and although 15cm Kappa cisterns they're 98cm high frames):

https://www.geberit.co.uk/products/installation-systems/geberit-duofix/

• Thanks 1

Your cheapest route at the mo for a Geberit frame is to get a 111.292.00.1 like I have and as per the email but that calls for a stud depth of 170mm.

(I'm lucky in that everywhere mine have gone/are planned I can make depth without too much detriment on room size. In the bathroom it went back into a deep studded wall & old, blocked up doorway. In the ensuite it'll go into a dormer cheek / the loft. The downstairs cloak is the only place I'll lose a bit of space but I can move a door frame to grab some back).

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

Your cheapest route at the mo for a Geberit frame is to get a 111.292.00.1 like I have and as per the email but that calls for a stud depth of 170mm.

(I'm lucky in that everywhere mine have gone/are planned I can make depth without too much detriment on room size. In the bathroom it went back into a deep studded wall & old, blocked up doorway. In the ensuite it'll go into a dormer cheek / the loft. The downstairs cloak is the only place I'll lose a bit of space but I can move a door frame to grab some back).

Thanks.

I am committed now to 100mm!. I've shuttered this amount away from my UFH - so that's the deal ?