Conditions attached to PP

Big Jimbo

11 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

The only conditions attached to my Planning Permission is Materials. Cladding, Render, and Roof Tiles. I've put in to discharge these. Do you think i would have a problem if i started digging my foundations while i wait ?

Yep

I thought mine were being discharged on the Monday 

I had all the plant there Sunday 

They were delayed for a week and I was told to remove the plant off site 

15 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

The only conditions attached to my Planning Permission is Materials. Cladding, Render, and Roof Tiles. I've put in to discharge these. Do you think i would have a problem if i started digging my foundations while i wait ?

it depends on the wording of the condition. If there is a requirement for you to discharge the conditions before you make a start on site then the the conditions will say so very clearly.

3 minutes ago, nod said:

Yep

The barmy thing was It was the type of slate they were rangleing  over 

Which wouldnt have effected us till much later on

51 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

It depends on what they have applied to your PP - the condition type will be listed.

Are they pre-commencement or pre-occupation conditions? If the former you don't actually have planning yet if the latter you can start - there is also performance conditions which don't need discharged but yours is material so your going to be one of the "pre" options.

Edited by Carrerahill

37 minutes ago, nod said:

Yep

So you must have had pre-commencement conditions. 

OP may have pre-occupation - which for material finishes tends not to stop commencement as founds etc. will not be seen. 

I e mailed our case officer stating that the choice of materials won’t make any difference to my foundation work starting and that we would provide samples ASAP, but wished to start work, he agreed in writing so we started 

we are just up to wall plate height and still haven’t discharged that condition. 

He didn’t think it was a problem as long as we don’t fit anything without sign off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Thanks folks. Yep. Pre-commencement conditions, so i had better wait.......... You can bet i will get to the end of my 8 weeks and the twat won't even have looked at them.

Wise decision 

unless like Russ you can get it in writing

I rang mine everyday for a month trying to get mine agreed 

I think telling get the Harvey plant removed was payback 

• 2 weeks later...

Because I started my build without planning (naughty...slap wrists) I am being charged CIL on two 2 storey linking additions to my silo's....O'h well, luckily it's not a fortune as they are small areas, about 9sq m. 

Lesson learnt....it could have cost me a fortune if the whole build was subject to CIL!