Grand Designs at Graven Hill starts tonight on Channel 4

ProDave

As the title says, starting at 9PM tonight on Channel 4, Grand Designs is following 10 self builders at Graven Hill.

Should be interesting.

Sweepstake:  How many will run out of money?  How many will have a baby?  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Surprise #1

"His budget, including plot and foundations is £275K"  And the next plot "the land cost £100K"

I thought plot prices as talked about on here at Graven Hill were WAY higher than that.

5 minutes ago, CC45 said:

I was surprised they were that cheap.  Don't think the 3 on there pre adverts will be getting pregnant...

The question turns to how many will die before completion?

They also appear to be doing their own ground works?  We have always been told the plots come with the "golden brick" foundation idea.

If they were all sold at these prices and flexibility, it is starting to sound a whole lot more attractive than we had been led to believe?

ICF build. How many blow outs?

41 minutes ago, ProDave said:

"His budget, including plot and foundations is £275K"  And the next plot "the land cost £100K"

I thought plot prices as talked about on here at Graven Hill were WAY higher than that.

They are much higher than that.  these were quite reduced prices.  and they have not mentioned the fact the plots are alongside the new railway line into Bicester with a sewerage works next to that.  We did consider it but not once we knew the location of the first 10 plots.  Although if I could have guarenteed the one furthest away from the railway line, I may have considered it.  prices for the reasonably sized plots and on the edge of the develoment, which are the ons we like, are in the region of £350k!!