Is this a good price?

Sue B

This has just come up in my FB feed.  It’s a lot

more than we wanted to spend but it is also newer.  It looks like 322 hours.  Comments please?

7EC51F28-C520-403B-A633-6D29FA3FAB4A.png

Edited by Sue B

That’s the one up model from mine, lovely machine. 

Couple of things to think about

can you insure it, this may sound like a silly question, but try to insure it before you buy one

i did and I couldn’t insure a digger WITHOUT it being connected to another type of policy

for example, tool and plant insurance needed to be connected to a public liability policy. 

Your house insurance won’t touch it. 

Its ok now as it’s covered by my site insurance 

second thing that is perfect size for stealing, drive in with an hiab and it will be gone in seconds, 

i would think with your plot a 3 tonne one around 7-10 years old would be good, far harder to steal. 

I wanted somthing cheaper £7500 as I probably won’t sell it after,   

That is the sort of price I wanted to pay.  Peter also would prefer the larger size.  Our site is relatively secure but our neighbours would of course all know it was there!

it was just a surprise to see it pop up on Fb of all places and so local too.

Thieves nowadays use drones for looking around and working out ways to nick equipment. There is a thread on the theft of wooden fencing which was posted on recently which is worth a look. 

"Site Security revisited"

I wondered why we had a drone flying around over our place earlier this week.  Not that stealthy, though, as it made a hell of a lot of noise.

On the topic of nicking stuff, we had a short presentation last night about the favourite method of stealing heating oil around here.  Apparently the local thieves are using a pipe attached to a bit of scaffold pole that they heat up and use to melt a hole in locked plastic oil tanks to drain them.

Any drone around here should be noticed as we are just within the 5km exclusion zone of Bournemouth Airport.  However, a lot of my neighbours are of the type you would worry about. ??

14 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

i would think with your plot a 3 tonne one around 7-10 years old would be good, far harder to steal. 

Mine’s around 3 tonne and too big to Nick easily, Having said that at work we had a 70 tonne dozer stollen, never to be seen again! Police suggested it was stollen to order and exported the same weekend.