Macerator to macerator ??

Pocster

Right !

i can feel @Nickfromwales breath on my back already !

In the below ground domain we are having a wc .

Its quite possible it’s location downstairs has to be moved .

It will be under the parking area and on the opposite side to all the drainage ( typically ).

As it stands the macerator would have to pump up 2 metres - then ‘around ‘ the stairwell , then horizontal for maybe 8 metres , then possibly vertical again ( less than 1 metre ) !!!

Directly below this ‘exit’ point is the below ground kitchen sink ( which of course has a macerator) . I’m assuming the run for the wc is too long and convoluted ( diagram might help ) . So ! Could the wc macerator feed into the kitchen one to ‘eject’ waste ? ???

12 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If it is not too late, a small pump station would be better - much quieter and more reliable.

I would rather burn the house down than live with a Saniflo.

What’s the difference?

A pump station just on the wc ? I.e it can pump that distance ?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Right !

i can feel @Nickfromwales breath on my back already !

In the below ground domain we are having a wc .

Its quite possible it’s location downstairs has to be moved .

It will be under the parking area and on the opposite side to all the drainage ( typically ).

As it stands the macerator would have to pump up 2 metres - then ‘around ‘ the stairwell , then horizontal for maybe 8 metres , then possibly vertical again ( less than 1 metre ) !!!

Directly below this ‘exit’ point is the below ground kitchen sink ( which of course has a macerator) . I’m assuming the run for the wc is too long and convoluted ( diagram might help ) . So ! Could the wc macerator feed into the kitchen one to ‘eject’ waste ? ???

Have a look at the MI’s as you can pump quite a distance with the turd crunchers ;)  

Post a link to the weapon of choice, but agree to go for a pumping station and take the sink waste down to that to get rid of the macerator for the kitchen sink. 

Just on a hygiene POV I wouldn’t like to pump any McFlurry into the kitchen unit as that’s under immense pressure, and if it blew off you got yourself one fcuked up jet wash. ?

I very much doubt SF would endorse that without an ‘open vented’ ( AAV capped ) pipe which would allow the McFlurry to fall to the second unit by gravity. 

Ew....

• Haha 1

all i would say is the macerators I have used  are not very reliable and will need changing every couple of years if you are as lucky with them  as I have been .

so avoid like the plaque if possible

one of them was just for a wash hand basin  ,which only really ever got water down it no smelly solids 

Edited by scottishjohn

4 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Have a look at the MI’s as you can pump quite a distance with the turd crunchers ;)  

Post a link to the weapon of choice, but agree to go for a pumping station and take the sink waste down to that to get rid of the macerator for the kitchen sink. 

Just on a hygiene POV I wouldn’t like to pump any McFlurry into the kitchen unit as that’s under immense pressure, and if it blew off you got yourself one fcuked up jet wash. ?

I very much doubt SF would endorse that without an ‘open vented’ ( AAV capped ) pipe which would allow the McFlurry to fall to the second unit by gravity. 

Ew....

Problem is wc is some distance from sink . So WC has to pump to near sink and exit .

10 minutes ago, pocster said:

Actually i’ve Just thought of a trick !

i can ( I think ) reduce the Maserati pump distance ...

Oh god, he’s putting a chocolate fountain in, which is what happens when a macerater goes wrong with an unfortunate failure mode.

TMI?

?

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

Nothing would ever induce me to have another Saniflo (or any other macerator pump, for that matter).  The things have so many annoying and unpleasant features, from being incredibly noisy (and they will randomly switch on, even if the toilet isn't flushed) to being the most unpleasant bit of kit to strip and unblock when it jams (as it will).

Far, far better to run a gravity soil pipe out to a pump station and then pump up from that.  My experience of living with a pump station was that it was silent and very reliable, completely the opposite of a Saniflo.

• Like 1

I would be even more pragmatic. do you HAVE to have a WC in the basement?  Everything in the thread so far has been a good reason NOT to have a WC in the basement.  I woudl far sooner climb a flight of stairs when I need to go, than have all the "difficulties" with making s&!t defy gravity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pocster said:

Directly below this ‘exit’ point is the below ground kitchen sink ( which of course has a macerator)

Sounds like a game of Mouse Trap - but for turds!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ProDave said:

I would be even more pragmatic. do you HAVE to have a WC in the basement?  Everything in the thread so far has been a good reason NOT to have a WC in the basement.

I’m with proDave..... this just sounds like it could turn into another long thread on the same theme as the EPDM flat roof saga..... I don’t know if you, or anybody else wants to see you driven to the edge of madness trying to defy gravity with a turd as an example.........

15 hours ago, pocster said:

SWMBO will execute me ! ?

Well, it is a solution.

Or feed her and you anti-diarrhoea-etics whenever down there, so you get pellets like a guinea pig in your composting loo.

I would suggest a loo at the top of the stairs.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

6 hours ago, Cpd said:

I’m with proDave..... this just sounds like it could turn into another long thread on the same theme as the EPDM flat roof saga..... I don’t know if you, or anybody else wants to see you driven to the edge of madness trying to defy gravity with a turd as an example.........

No, no no. This is a simple problem. Ripping up your own work to get it done again and still 'potentially' have leaks in a 'roof' - now that will drive you mad.

This is known territory . Rough floorpan to show distance issues attached!

IMG_9063.jpg