Not sure if I have the hump.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

One way of looking at in this instance is the company using the photo are proud of a good job well done and just didn't think.

Exactly. But people really ought to think, otherwise we get stupidity like the EU upload filter rules. All they had to do (I assume) would be to ask nicely…

22 hours ago, Onoff said:

@JSHarris had similar happen I believe.

I did indeed have the same thing happen to me, and I found that, despite the images being used fraudulently (i.e. they are being used to advertise a company that had sod all to do with our build) there was essentially nothing that I could reasonably do to get the images taken down.  I did try, but have been told that in order to get the internet hosting company to take action (the web site owner refuses to do anything, and is not in the UK) I have to lodge a $50,000 deposit with them, which would not be refundable in the event that they didn't find the images to be in breach of my copyright (I have the original images, as I took them in the first place).

I've been tempted to name the individual/company that's using images of our build to promote their own business on here, but frankly it's not worth the hassle it would cause.  Many people who see those images know that the individual/company that's using them wasn't involved in our build, and so can draw their own conclusions as to whether or not to believe what's on that website or not. I have had a warning on my website about the misleading use of my images to promote a different product, for a fair time now, and that does name names.

Several companies have asked if they could use images of our build in their promotional material and I've never said no to any of them.  My problem is only with the use of my images to promote a company that I had nothing to do with.

8 hours ago, LA3222 said:

In the grand scheme of life does it really matter?  Why waste time and energy getting pee'd off about something inconsequential like this?

It’s not a big deal at all,

but it just shows me what a complete disregard most people have nowadays for good old fashioned decency. 

As I said before a quick e mail to me and everything would be fine, I wouldn’t have a problem. 

4 hours ago, Onoff said:

One way of looking at in this instance is the company using the photo are proud of a good job well done and just didn't think.

The thing is the company didn’t do a good job. I did it all. 

All they did was supply a product, I installed it well,thats what made their product look good, any thanks, nope f%%k all. 

Edited by Russell griffiths

2 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

The thing is the company didn’t do a good job. I did it all, all they did was supply a product, I installed it well,thats what made their product look good, any thanks, nope f%%k all. 

Fair enough

1 hour ago, Randomiser said:

Russell

I am sorry if my mentioning has resulted in your understandable frustration.

Randomiser.

Not your fault bud. 

My mother in law reckons I am always in a perpetual state of pissed off, It just depends on the amount of annoyance it causes me that changes. 

If it gets to a high level I put the perpetrators in my book, come the day of reckoning I will get the book out and deal with them all. 

??????⚰️⚰️☠️☠️???? my wife made me edit this to include the laughing face, just in case you thought I was a stark raving lunatic. 

Edited by Russell griffiths
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

It’s not a big deal at all,

but it just shows me what a complete disregard most people have nowadays for good old fashioned decency. 

As I said before a quick e mail to me and everything would be fine, I wouldn’t have a problem. 

This happens in everything nowadays, people have total disrespect for everything 

as an example my hubby is a maintenance technician for one of the big supermarket groups and he was telling me today about having to barrier off a footpath because of a fallen fence (trip hazard) until it is repaired. He did this then watched as several people moved the barrier to get past. The thing with this is should someone get injured it’s a claim on the supermarket which in turn comes back to him not doing his h&s.

he ended up having to chain and lock it and take pictures of what he had done just to keep himself in the clear!

personally I would never dare to remove a barrier to get through somewhere but people today have no respect for others property