Combined TV (shotgun cable) and ethernet (cat6) socket

Just trying to finish the wiring and cannot seem to find info on whether I need to have two separate back boxes for ethernet and shotgun cable or can I get a single switch plate to do both? TIA

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just trying to finish the wiring and cannot seem to find info on whether I need to have two separate back boxes for ethernet and shotgun cable or can I get a single switch plate to do both? TIA

Single back box can do it easily - just get blank twin plates and put two modules in it. 

You need to be clear what you want.  Shotgun coax is 2 coax cables so that says to me 2 satellite freeds or a satellite and a terrestrial aerial. That plus an ethernet might be a tall order in a 1G olate. 

31 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

See, folks. Ya learn summat every day. Thanks @ProDave.

Now for the next lesson ...

Something to do with rocks? Ge-olate?

1G = 1 gang plate, the square ones used for  a light switch or a single socket.

2G = 2 gang plate, the rectangular ones used for a double socket

If you buy modular or "grid" plates, typically you can get 2 modules in a 1G plate and 4 modules in a 2G plate.  You can get all sorts of modules including switches and a huge variety of coax, AV and networks sockets, as well as blank modules to drill and fit your own sockets into.

Shotgun coax is so called because the 2 cores side by side resemble the 2 barrels of a shotgun.

• Like 1