Planning Documents in North Lincs Council - Help

4 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I am trying to get the documents for this Planning App in North Lincs:

https://apps.northlincs.gov.uk/application/pa-2017-917

I do not seem to be able to find them.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Ferdinand

That link goes to an application that was refused in 2017 - 62 houses.  Is that the one?  I can see all the 2017 docs.  

2 minutes ago, lizzie said:

That link goes to an application that was refused in 2017 - 62 houses.  Is that the one?  I can see all the 2017 docs.  

They weren’t there earlier because I had a look. They must have been doing site maintenance or something because they are indeed there now. 

• Like 1

Yep. Thanks.

The reference relates to the Chris Packham ‘destroy those nets’ thread. This is the previous 2017 application for the site, to the current one that has the hedge netted that was complained about by CP.

The newer one ... which is 40 not 62 houses and 25 affordable - was recommended for approval by the Planning Officer.

My reading is that Packham has backed the wrong horse on this one, perhaps at the behest of objectors who know they are most likely on to a loser at Appeal.

Suspect Packham is suffering from reaching outside his own core expertise - zoologist - and interfering in a professional planning process without understanding how it balances competing interests. A bit populist.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

15 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

My reading is that Packham has backed the wrong horse on this one, perhaps at the behest of objectors who know they are most likely on to a loser at Appeal.

Suspect Packham is suffering from reaching outside his own core expertise - zoologist - and interfering in a professional planning process without understanding how it balances competing interests. A bit populist.

I doubt he has reached outside his own expertise. Netting doesn't work very well.The farmers around here net the cherry orchards but there are always birds inside the netting from blackbird size downwards. All that happens is that when people appear the birds panic and get caught in the netting and usually die.

2 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

I doubt he has reached outside his own expertise. Netting doesn't work very well.The farmers around here net the cherry orchards but there are always birds inside the netting from blackbird size downwards. All that happens is that when people appear the birds panic and get caught in the netting and usually die.

Yes, but... I think assessment of checks and balances in Planning Policy is not a core expertise for your average zoologist / naturalist / TV presenter. ?.

I think in this case it sounds justified as they had a recommendation to approve from the PO.

F