Evening All.

Its along story ...so i will condense.

Basically Window company was supplying some bi-folds to go with our chartwell green 

UPVC

theirs was aluminium ...and they asked is for a RAL ....we told then couldnt they just match it and that said they worked off RAL

etc etc

anyway the net result of all this is that RAL 6021 looks NOTHING like chartwell green ...far far darker

So we decided to have them sprayed ...as the "blame game" was going on forever ....

A company came out and try as they might they did not have a tape that would stick to the internal rubber seal to mask it ...

no problem they said ....we will pull it out ....its a wedge gasket

5 minutes later they handed me a bunch of varying lengths of rubber and said "keep them clean and pop them in once its all dry 

and unmasked!

I had to hand it to them their paint colour was SPOT ON ...but .....

when i went to put the gaskets in 2 days later ...no way would they go...tried using thin tools ..plastic tools euro wedges everything ...

any more pressure and the glass would break for sure.

Now along came the joiner and he noticed that around the aluminium doors was a detachable profile ...and after a bit of a wiggle and waggle it came loose

BINGO ! ...so off i went with silicone spray and a plastic scraper and squeezed it into the profile ...as i THOUGHT it should go ....but it doesn't LOOK right

and when i try to clip the profile back on its like there is TOO MUCH rubber on the other side or something ..it must be in wrong

So i am hoping someone can tell me how to proceed ..I have some pics of the detachable profile and a rough image of the gasket cross section

PS
as you look at the pic...the LONG corner of the profile is the bit that sits deep in and effectively under the glass edge...and the tall flattest section is the one that faces into the sun-room.

I know the bead MUST go into that rectangle notch some way ...but how is the question

What a palava !

profile.JPG.3ee1fe8530bcac659e9a598e6bacf705.JPG

gasket.JPG

I LOOKED CRAIG ...BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MARKINGS ON IT

i contacted he company that fitted it ...but as they have been paid and i have waited now over a week

...i am getting the impression they dont know ...or dont want me to know their supplier 

• Like 1