Hello All, We have planning as of last week!

Ceefer

Hello All, ?

Great to be part of this community! 

We had planning granted on a plot of land bought at auction, however, I did check it was part of the village inset before bidding. 

Planning went to the committee due to the parish council (ours do not deserve capital letters) interfering; however, I uncovered a series of direct links between them (all live on the web with pictures of them together with quotes, it was priceless!) and a councillor on the committee. They did not declare the bias first time and pushed for site visit pushing my planning back. I exposed them and resulted in 2 councillors leaving the room and the parish council (lowercase) being unable to object or speak about the application but them spoke on behalf of one of the objectors (who was an ex-counsellor also)?!, who caused it all in the first place. I had a planning consultant however I addressed the committee and we had full votes, the time before we only had 4.

The council submitted the application for approval but it was all the underhand tactics that got it to the community, and who I exposed in the second committee meeting.  

I can strongly recommend this book (i might write one actually of this experience ?) 'How to Get Planning Permission' by Roy Speer & Michael Dade, that gave me some very good tips and I used them around the bias. I also had the pleasure of meeting Mike Dade at Build it live and having a free 15-minute consultation with him and also gave me some tips.

The little person stood up for themselves and won! 

We do have a number of conditions to discharge so keen to know the process? 

Thank you! ?

Edited by Ceefer

Congratulations on getting planning.  Join the club - we got our consent in late December 2018 in time to be the best Christmas present ever.

We too had that Speer/Dade book and also had a free site visit/consultation from one of them which was most useful.

DH Dreamer

• Like 1

The GCC granted planning permission this week within two months of the initial application.  The building warrant is still pending.  Next step: find a builder...