Perlight PV

Auchlossen

I plan to buy 12 panels of Perlight PV as a complete kit, with in-roof mounting, to give 3kW aka 3.5kW for DIY install.

I intend to install the in-roof mounting before slating with IKO plastic/rubber slates for low pitch roof; and then fit the panels after slating and before builders remove scaffold.

The panels are going on the garage/studio roof, about 12m cable run from house duct entry.

Are these panels ok and good vfm? £2871 + £115carr + vat.

What cabling should I envisage from panels?

Should I locate kit within garage and then run cable to house?

I guess these questions will be answered when I get the instruction book with the kit, but I like to know before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The cheapest DIY 4KW system I have yet seen was on ebay for £2000 I haven't looked lately.

Best to run the DC cabling over the 12M run, in conduit. Provision for four 4mm square individual cables. There are less issues with volt drop on the DC side.  Long runs on the ac side can give tripping issue due to volt rise when generating at full power if your grid voltage is high to start with.

10 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Yes, as it is not legible for FiTs, make the DC side long.

If claiming FiTs, then put the generation meter as close to the modules as possible.

I had an interesting comment. When I had the home report and EPC done for selling my house, the surveyor said he can only take the solar PV into account if the generation meter is in the same place as your consumption meter (which it is in my case).  If the generation meter had been in the garage with my inverter he said he would have to ignore the solar PV for the EPC. Bit of a silly rule if you ask me.

On 25 August 2016 at 19:21, ProDave said:

I had an interesting comment. When I had the home report and EPC done for selling my house, the surveyor said he can only take the solar PV into account if the generation meter is in the same place as your consumption meter (which it is in my case).  If the generation meter had been in the garage with my inverter he said he would have to ignore the solar PV for the EPC. Bit of a silly rule if you ask me.

Why is that? Confused.com