There's always bloody something.... (warning pointless rant)

So the story goes as such.

Today I hoped to finish installing my radial ducting. Let's ignore the fact I left the core drills at work so I would have to leave out 2 runs until Monday evening and that they sent out the wrong manifolds so I can't finish the big duct runs properly. 

Everything was going well, Faye is here so it made life a lot easier. Then my second roll of strap has gone missing, I took it out of the van yesterday, spent 30mins looking..... Its gone!

Nevermind the bathroom is done so I can finally board the ceiling and get the sun tunnel in.... Hang on, I still need to get the 15mm feed up to the toilet... Might as well put the lino down first so I can drill a nice neat hole through it..... That bit went well. Perfect amount of adhesive. Done. Dry run the toilet. Mark where the pipe needs to come up. Done. Get the hole saw, drill the floorboard 10 seconds and we'll be ready.... Oh no no no, there's a steel. Knowing full well I should just go and get the mag drill I decided to percevere with the hole saw, 10 mins later I give in. Get the mag drill out of the van and it's got the standard end on it not the broach... Grrr but nvm. Change the end... Then start drilling. Now because of all my messing about a load of swarf has made a mound under the lino so I run out of depth. 

Lino comes back up and I need the hoover. Obviously that's full up and in the workshop. Finally the swarf pile is cleaned up, I got through the steel and the lino is back down. 10 second job ended up taking the best part of 40 mins. 

F*ck it Faye were going to the pub. 

Rant over..... I told you it was pointless

You call that a rant?  Really? 

Ed, you have too positive an attitude - still - to have a proper rant: a proper juicy, spittle filled rant; one thats as unpleasant to write as it is to  read; one thats as cathartic to write as it as as crotch-gripping for the reader who has to read it peeping between the fingers of the other hand.

Look at all the things you do right: all the videos you publish freely, giving  those who haven't got a clue (like me) just enough courage to have a go for ourselves, the guts to work at the day job Monday to Saturday and then spend evenings and Sunday on the house.

Need a proper rant? Send me a copy before you publish the next one and I'll sex it up for ya. Proper job. Free of charge. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Kevin Wilson would have blushed by the language involved ?

I've met him twice.

"I see you bought the T-shirt" he said as he was signing our CDs.

However, I'd made the mistake of wearing the one from the previous tour...

"Tight c***!" was his next comment in front of hundreds of people.

17 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I've met him twice.

"I see you bought the T-shirt" he said as he was signing our CDs.

However, I'd made the mistake of wearing the one from the previous tour...

"Tight c***!" was his next comment in front of hundreds of people.

He got brought up earlier this week and a college was showing me a song I hadn't heard before called "the kid". The customer turned up in perfect time to hear Mrs brown going mental at the end ? luckily she saw the funny side of it and asked what it was so she could show her husband... I can think of a lot of previous customers that wouldn't have taken it so well ?

42 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Once I'd calmed down I did manage to lay 3 whole tiles ? planned for 4 but I couldn't be arsed to mix any more gear. 

You only got the polite and post pint rant. Poor old faye got the full brunt of it. Kevin Wilson would have blushed by the language involved ?

15528486825844501357778102942889.jpg

Thought you may have asked @Onoffto rate your tiling!

1 minute ago, Pete said:

You taught him well that is all I can say!

Come run your hands over my floor and walls and you'd not be saying that. I'm going to do a post mortem of all the bits I f**ked up on in the bathroom shortly. (There's a lot).

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Come run your hands over my floor and walls and you'd not be saying that. I'm going to do a post mortem of all the bits I f**ked up on in the bathroom shortly. (There's a lot).

Alot, could be another 500 pages to read again! only joking mate)

23 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You asked...

Oh you mean that one not the famous football player, who must be good because he has played for both Forest and County.

That sounds like a session of the Ozzie Senate. A good deal cleaner than most comedians these days.

PS The crappie/chappie was Apple again.

Edited by Ferdinand

8 minutes ago, Triassic said:

At least your job only took 40minutes. Debbie and I have spent 4 days so far punching 20,000 holes in our roof slates, only another 5,000 holes to go!

Mind numbingly  boring, 

You deserve a night on the tiles for that effort...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Triassic said:

At least your job only took 40minutes. Debbie and I have spent 4 days so far punching 20,000 holes in our roof slates, only another 5,000 holes to go!

Mind numbingly  boring, 

How are you punching them? 

Iv done my fair share of pissing about with slates and I really do feel your pain..... 

Have you ever tried cleaning bricks ?

On 17/03/2019 at 15:17, Construction Channel said:

So the story goes as such.

Today I hoped to finish installing my radial ducting. Let's ignore the fact I left the core drills at work so I would have to leave out 2 runs until Monday evening and that they sent out the wrong manifolds so I can't finish the big duct runs properly. 

Everything was going well, Faye is here so it made life a lot easier. Then my second roll of strap has gone missing, I took it out of the van yesterday, spent 30mins looking..... Its gone!

Nevermind the bathroom is done so I can finally board the ceiling and get the sun tunnel in.... Hang on, I still need to get the 15mm feed up to the toilet... Might as well put the lino down first so I can drill a nice neat hole through it..... That bit went well. Perfect amount of adhesive. Done. Dry run the toilet. Mark where the pipe needs to come up. Done. Get the hole saw, drill the floorboard 10 seconds and we'll be ready.... Oh no no no, there's a steel. Knowing full well I should just go and get the mag drill I decided to percevere with the hole saw, 10 mins later I give in. Get the mag drill out of the van and it's got the standard end on it not the broach... Grrr but nvm. Change the end... Then start drilling. Now because of all my messing about a load of swarf has made a mound under the lino so I run out of depth. 

Lino comes back up and I need the hoover. Obviously that's full up and in the workshop. Finally the swarf pile is cleaned up, I got through the steel and the lino is back down. 10 second job ended up taking the best part of 40 mins. 

F*ck it Faye were going to the pub. 

Rant over..... I told you it was pointless

That's typical really isn't it. Took me basically all day yesterday to put 2 rafters up. OK I have 2 up and I now have my cutting plan so the rest will be easy but a days work 2 rafters! Should have had the whole roof sheeted!

Like you, everything conspired against me, daft things like running out of extension cables and sockets and having to run back and forth to the old garage switching between air compressor cable, saw cable, drill cable, cable that temporarily feeds new garage, so each time I got to the new garage to grab a box of screws or wood or something I realised the door would not open and had to go back to the old garage, clamber over the mess, unplug something, plug in the garage supply, go back, open it, get the thing I went for...