Garage floor Cosmetic design idea

Big Neil

Been having a few thoughts about garages recently. Given that it is traditionally seem as the man zone, irrespective of how it might fly now, seems like we can have some design freedom in there. Where SWMBO gets to choose the crap that sits on the shelves and the shade of eggshell that the downstairs water closet gets painted, i thought of the following.

Bolts of varying sizes stuck to the concrete much like those penny designs on floors, covered in a clear epoxy. Yes I know it might be a bit costly, but thing purely of the aesthetic aspect. Who would go for that?

• Confused 1

Our “garage” is going to be my new sewing room plus a dog shower / people shower / outside toilet plus a small shed.  Maybe i should put used cotton reels into the floor and varnish over ??

• Like 1

I probably have more machinery and technical manuals in my sewing area than OH has in the garage. Add in the various hand tools (e.g. the best way to cut open a buttonhole is with a small chisel) and drafting equipment and it's not a soft and fluffy room. He can have the garage, though. No heating in there!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Big Neil said:

Bolts of varying sizes stuck to the concrete much like those penny designs on floors, covered in a clear epoxy. 

Can you imaging being in there ... and dropping a bolt onto the floor ..???! It would take you a week to find it .. 

• Haha 2

Colour me just a touch sceptical on this one ... I really cannot think of anything to put on the floor of a garage.

I think I would be more tempted to have attractive walls and a plain floor.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

hmm  yes maybe.Possibly tint the epoxy. I thought about the walls as well. Where there weren't functional items or shelves, pint glass depth shelves filled with my acquired pint glasses, covered with a poly-carbonate sheet to protect them - maybe some mood lighting for them as well.

9 hours ago, Big Neil said:

hmm  yes maybe.Possibly tint the epoxy. I thought about the walls as well. Where there weren't functional items or shelves, pint glass depth shelves filled with my acquired pint glasses, covered with a poly-carbonate sheet to protect them - maybe some mood lighting for them as well.

garagejournal.com flooring section will give you plenty of ideas!!