Pressure Washer Recommendations

JanetE

If you can afford the difference I would go for the K7 

i,ve got both the k4 and replaced it with a k7 --the extra pressure makes cleaning quicker and you can turn it down if your doing delicate things

even with the 180 bar there are some  types of algae that need working at to remove from  the patio 

I also bought the sand blasting attachment -which was great for removing severe  rust marking on chimney  breast+  paint off railings etc  --but do mask up windows if using near any  or they will get marked  

also the drain cleaning attachment very good --it self propels itself down the drain

I bought a Clark Jetstar pressure washer around 1994, from Machine Mart.  It's been seriously abused for years, yet still works as well now as it did when I bought it.  The only thing it doesn't have that would be useful would be the "turbo lance" function, that rotates the jet around when washing down paths and patios. 

On 17/03/2019 at 08:45, daiking said:

I’m not going to pay that much for a novelty item.

I think that a leaf blower and a jet wash are two essential pieces of kit that you might only use once or twice a year, but when you do need them there's not much by way of a substitute.  IMO, patios and paving get really grungy, if you don't wash them down occasionally, and using a decent jet wash at least saves the back-break.

Our last jet wash lasted about 15 years -- until we lent it to our nephew who I think left the pump running with the water off -- but when we got it back it was on its last legs, hence the need for a replacement.

Edited by TerryE
Got bollocked by Jan for my off humour

1 hour ago, Temp said:

Don't make the mistake I did.. I left it in the garage, in winter it froze and broke.

Where do you leave it if not in the garage? I have mine in the garage. Thankfully hasn’t really been that cold this year. 

7 hours ago, TerryE said:

I think that a leaf blower and a jet wash are two essential pieces of kit that you might only use once or twice a year, but when you do need them there's not much by way of a substitute.  IMO, patios and paving get really grungy, if you don't wash them down occasionally, and using a decent jet wash at least saves the back-break.

Our last jet wash lasted about 15 years -- until we lent it to our nephew who I think left the pump running with the water off -- but when we got it back it was on its last legs, hence the need for a replacement.

? borrow one off someone willing to tie up thousands of pounds of capital in tools they only use once or twice a year. 

Seriously we’re all doing this very very wrong. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simplysimon said:

aldi currently have pressure washers in stock

Thanks, I won’t bother and then post the same thing next year by which time I won’t have cleaned my car for 18 months ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Much to my dismay, I've had to buy a pressure washer due to unyielding domestic pressure. Only a Karcher K2, it's a bit feeble but more than enough for how infrequently I intend to use it. Not withstanding the money it's also a colossal waste of (metered) water. What did we do before we became rich enough to do these things? The pressure washer will also get lonely and need a complimentary leaf blower to keep it company in the shed.

Do we own our possessions or do they possess us?

• Haha 2

Well, after years of resistance OH finally bought a pressure washer a couple of years back. The drains regularly block at his parents' house (waste from other houses) and the old drain rods finally gave way, as did he with them. Besides doing a good job on the drains, he has relectantly admitted that cleaning the car with it is so much easier than by hand having damned them as the work of the devil for many years. How age changes one's view!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, daiking said:

Not withstanding the money it's also a colossal waste of (metered) water.

I'm, not sure they use that much water - try filling a bucket with one, takes ages. I'd say a running hose uses more. 

Obv. their USP is providing a very focused jet of water to shift dirt etc.

I got a patio washer (the round drum with rotating pressure heads inside on a stalk) included with a K4 I got a few years back and it  makes short work of cleaning the 60m2 patio we have at the back  - only took 20 mins this weekend to remove most of the winter grime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I like some moss and lichen on my patio.

It reminds me I do not live in Celebration, Florida.

I just spent 2 hours this weekend blasting the moss and lichen away lol. Still more to do! 

I don’t think it uses that much water as the soakaway generally overflows when I use the hose for an extended time but 2 hours with the pressure washer and there were no issues with that. 

38 minutes ago, newhome said:

I just spent 2 hours this weekend blasting the moss and lichen away lol. Still more to do! 

I don’t think it uses that much water as the soakaway generally overflows when I use the hose for an extended time but 2 hours with the pressure washer and there were no issues with that. 

Lucky for you moss is not like bats or trees. ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vivienz said:

Well, after years of resistance OH finally bought a pressure washer a couple of years back. The drains regularly block at his parents' house (waste from other houses) and the old drain rods finally gave way, as did he with them. Besides doing a good job on the drains, he has relectantly admitted that cleaning the car with it is so much easier than by hand having damned them as the work of the devil for many years. How age changes one's view!

You can't deny they make light work of washing cars, that's why I didn't wash my car by hand, choosing to take it to the petrol station every 3 or 4 months to use their jet washer - which is more in keeping with my beliefs.

3 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

I'm, not sure they use that much water - try filling a bucket with one, takes ages. I'd say a running hose uses more. 

Obv. their USP is providing a very focused jet of water to shift dirt etc.

I got a patio washer (the round drum with rotating pressure heads inside on a stalk) included with a K4 I got a few years back and it  makes short work of cleaning the 60m2 patio we have at the back  - only took 20 mins this weekend to remove most of the winter grime.

That's still a lot more water than nothing. The K2 comes with a "fisher price" patio cleaner head. I used detergent spray as well so it took more than a couple of hours to clear 70+ sq m.