Pressure Washer Recommendations

JanetE

1 hour ago, daiking said:

You can't deny they make light work of washing cars, that's why I didn't wash my car by hand, choosing to take it to the petrol station every 3 or 4 months to use their jet washer - which is more in keeping with my beliefs.

That's still a lot more water than nothing. The K2 comes with a "fisher price" patio cleaner head. I used detergent spray as well so it took more than a couple of hours to clear 70+ sq m.

Funnily enough I prefer to wash the new car by hand as the pressure washer (k4) can easily damage the finish if you get too close.

The K2 may be a bit underpowered for the patio attachment - I find the K4 pretty decent but you still need to go over the same area a few times to get the coverage.

2 hours ago, ragg987 said:

I second the Nilfisk, purchased a c130 from their outlet store for £80ish. It has variable pressure so can be used on cars at low pressure and patios at high.

I have the Nilfisk E140 that comes in at circa £230 but it's pretty heavy to lift IMO (hubby chose it) and I would probably be just as happy (if not happier) with a smaller one TBH. 

• 1 year later...

(Hoicks thread back from the Underworld)

I am looking at a Nilfisk Excellent E-145 refurbished at £170 here:

https://www.nilfiskoutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=5576

I have a certain amount of concrete slabbery, so could probably use one.

Can anyone comment on whether the rather short 9m hose is much of a limitation? I would have to run a hose from the back through the garage as I currently have no water at the front (other than 400l rainwater in 2 water butts for the garden). My front garden is very roughly 13m x 15m, and I have paths at the extemity both ways ?.

If anyone is familiar with the site, do the "bundles" eg with car washing and patio brush come up very often?

Cheers

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

It has to be Nilfisk - Karcher have a great advertising program, shame they don't spend the money on their products! I have a Nilfisk P180 - very pleased with it - it had a man washing a tractor on the box so figured it must be good and was aimed at the heavier use market! It does do a nice job of excavators!

The key to look at with pressure washers is volume of water, people, like me in the past get hung up on pressure, but loads of pressure with hee-haw water isn't going to do much. The plant hire place also commented this was the only electric pressure washer they hire out as it cuts the mustard. Mine has a detachable stainless lance with a vario-head on it with 4 settings, 20°, 60°, rotating whizz-blast and soap. You can buy things like HP drain cleaning heads for it and all sorts. For it's size and punch it is pretty quiet too, doesn't drone on like the £80 Karcher's Asda like to do deals on.

It is also very robust with full brass construction pump and all brass fittings - you can also feed it hot water.

Edited by Carrerahill

There are also reasonable prices available online. eg £250 with the Car Wash bundle

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=16583

That one comes with the Carwash thing, and the "mid-patio" thing (which would presumably clear the middle of my patio), and the drain-cleaning thing, and a thing called a "Handgun".

The only missing thing is a "soak the 18 neighbourhood cats at 30m" thing. My super squirter (£3 from the £3 Shop) only has a 10m reliable range.

Hmm. Might be worth the difference for the long guarantee.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

• 4 months later...

Prompted by @daiking comment, I have read this thread as I seem to have missed it first time round. Probably up to my knees in self build stuff. Anyway, for what it is worth I too looked into pressure washers and felt that for the once a year usage it would get on the patio - [Not an advocate for using them on cars] I couldn't really justify the up front capital expenditure.

Instead, I hired one from the local hire company -

Unbelievable - it cost me £40 for the day and they provided what can only be described as an industrial one - it was petrol driven and arrived on a set of 4 wheels which made movement all that bit easier. I was so pleased I will be using them again this year and on top of that, I could probably use them again for the next couple of years before being out of pocket.

• 2 weeks later...