Hi everyone, can anyone message me with the name of a good-value SUDS engineer to do a SUDS strategy for my local planners.

I am getting quotes. I have one quote but its both pretty pricey and he cannot deliver the report until mid-April anyway! :(

• 2 months later...

After the very heavy rain over the past day or two, it seems that our SuDS solution is still working OK.  I didn't bother with paying someone to design it, as it's pretty easy to just use the method in building regs to determine the capacity needed.  There's no sign that our ~4,000 litre attenuation tank got close to being full,  AFAICT.  The main problem we have is run-off from other impermeable surfaced drives that all flow into the narrow lane alongside us and turn it into a fast flowing river during heavy rain.  As we're at the bottom of the hill, this means the lane outside our drive is often under water, and gets loads of debris washed into it.

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

What you need is a 45,000,000 litre catchment tank in your garden, I bet with 5 days of solid rain mine won’t rise by 10mm

I have a stream instead, Unless it gets blocked downstream it just takes all our water away.

My building inspector said I needed a soakaway for my build and I said you mean a swimming pool!!, I explained that we are on solid yellow clay and any hole dug will be permanently full of water, he then asked me what I wanted to do and I showed him the ditch outside that carries all the rain to a stream then the river Tamar. He had no argument.